• Noon Lions, Noon, at the American Legion Hall
• Marshalltown Alcoholics Anonymous, Noon, at 1311 E. Nevada St.
• Mid-Iowa Triumph Recovery Center, Noon, is open at new location, 101 W. Main St. in the rear. (door on First Street.) The center is open until 4 pm. The Center is for anyone 18 and older dealing with mental health/emotional issues past or present. The Center offers a safe place for peers to work on their recovery with support and activities.
• Region 6 Planning Commission, Noon, will meet in Meeting Room 2 of the Marshall County Courthouse northeast corner, 1 E. Main St. Agenda: Current balance sheet and check register; FY2017 Pre-Audit income statement and current planning projects. Other items: Transportation Planning Work Program amendment for Marshalltown Highway 14; 2017 Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy; Future Region 6 Staffing discussion; Higher education board member. Public is welcome to attend.
• Progressive 500, 1 p.m., at the Senior Center, first floor. Shuffleboard courts open daily. Coffee and other refreshments available. Computers and Internet service available for games or personal use
• YMCA-YWCA Card Party, 1 p.m., to 3:30, at the Cultural Center
• Marshalltown Alcoholics Anonymous, 6 p.m., at 1311 E. Nevada St.
To have an event listed in the Community Calendar, e-mail email@example.com. The T-R reserves the right to limit listings to nonprofit entities.