To have an event listed in the Community Calendar, e-mail email@example.com. The T-R reserves the right to limit listings to nonprofit entities.
• MHS Varsity Football Game against Ft. Dodge, has been rescheduled for 4 p.m. today. The bus will depart at 1 p.m. from the school. The 9th grade game to be made up will be at 6 p.m. on Oct. 9. Bus departure to be announced.
• Marshalltown Alcoholics Anonymous, 8 a.m., at 1311 E. Nevada St.
• Marshalltown Al-anon Family Group, 8 a.m., will meet at 1311 E. Nevada St. For questions call: 641-691-1989
• Laurel United Methodist Church, 9 a.m., 209 S. Main St., Laurel has Sunday School first followed by the church service at 10 a.m. Scott Lothe is the minister. The public is invited to attend.
• Unitarian Fellowship of Marshalltown, 10 a.m., in the boardroom in the Horne-Henry Center of the Marshalltown YMCA-YWCA, Marshalltown. This is a spiritual and philosophical discussion group. They will meet each Sunday of the month.
• Powerhouse Church, 11 a.m., will meet at the Orpheum Theater, 220 E. Main St., for church services. Looking for Worship Team members to share musical talents at church.
• Otter Creek Fall Festival, 12 p.m., until 4 p.m. Nature Center, 2283 Park Road, Toledo. Hands-on activities: archery, air rifle range, apple cider press, reptile meet & greet, nature crafts. Outdoor demonstrations: bowfishing, field dog trials. Guest speakers: ISU Insect Zoo, Iowa Honey Queen. Food vendors
• Cider Day, 1 p.m., until 5 p.m. Hinegardner Orchard, 1348 295th St., Montour. Customers, friends and family are invited to harvest apples. These apples are collected in wagons and made into fresh apple cider while you watch! The general public is invited and encouraged to participate in apple cider making.
• An Evening with Steve Angrisano, 5 p.m. potluck; 6:30 p.m. Mission. St. Henry Church, 211 W. Olive St. An evening of faith, hope and love through music and storytelling. Babysitting available
• Eternity Bound, Christian Acapella quartet, 5 p.m., E-Free Church, 3111 S. Sixth St. Free will offering/Public invited. All proceeds benefit Good News Clubs in Marshalltown
• Marshalltown Alcoholics Anonymous, 6 p.m., Happy, Joyous and Free first Baptist Church at 700 E. Olive St. Open Meeting