To have an event listed in the Community Calendar, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. The T-R reserves the right to limit listings to nonprofit entities.
• Scouting for Food, Pickup begins at 9 a.m. Set non-perishable items: canned fruits, vegetables; peanut butter, cereals, boxed dinner meals or canned meats on your front porch
• Stamp Shoppe, 9 a.m., until noon at the Marshalltown High School Media Center
• Le Grand Halloween Party, 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. Community Center, 206 N. Vine St., Le Grand. Face painting, carnival games, spooky prizes, coloring contest. Cost is $5 per child, includes all activities. Games are designed for children 10 and under. All proceeds go to new uniforms for the East Marshall Mustang softball team
• Marshalltown Alcoholics Anonymous, Noon, at 1311 E. Nevada St.
• Hy-Vee Halloween Party, 1 p.m., until 3 p.m. Coloring activities, cookie decorating, mini pumpkin decorating. First 100 children in costume receive a glow-in-the-dark trick or treat bag
• Bethel Grove Church Smoked Chicken Supper, 4:30 p.m., until 7 p.m. Liscomb Community Center. Potatoes, Home baked PIES. Free Will Donation
• Annual Prime Rib Supper, AmVet Hall, Main Street, Lincoln, 5 p.m., until 8 p.m. Annual Fund Raiser for Lincoln AmVets Post #10; raffle items include a quarter beef and Charles Freitag print. Dine in or carry out, $17/plate
• Trick or Treat Trail and Haunted Hay Rack Ride, City Hall, 305 Siegel St., Tama, 5-6:30 p.m. Trick or Treat Trail (for kids under 12) inside Civic Center. 5 p.m. chili supper provided by Tama Co. Humane Society – free will offering. 7 p.m. Haunted Hay Ride will be running around Cherry Lake. Trick or Treat Trail in the Tama fire department & ambulance service bays, Chamber Business’ will be on hand to provide treats and fun for the kids.
• Blues & BBQ, 7 p.m., until 9 p.m. BBQ meal and beverage and music by Blue Dog. Black Box Theater Orpheum, 220 E. Main St. Tickets are $25 and can be purchased by calling 641-844-5921 or at the Orpheum Theatre Ticket Office
• “Escanaba In Love” 7:30 p.m. Martha Ellen Tye Playhouse. Hilarious prequel to “Escanaba in da Moonlight”
• Central Iowa Square & Round Dance, Rogers Elementary School, 406 Summimt St., 7:30 p.m. Public invited to attend