To have an event listed in the Community Calendar, e-mail email@example.com. The T-R reserves the right to limit listings to nonprofit entities.
• Marshalltown Alcoholics Anonymous, 8 a.m., at 1311 E. Nevada St.
• Marshalltown Al-anon Family Group, 8 a.m., will meet at 1311 E. Nevada St. For questions call: 641-691-1989
• Laurel United Methodist Church, 9 a.m., 209 S. Main St., Laurel has Sunday School first followed by the church service at 10 a.m. Scott Lothe is the minister. The public is invited to attend.
• Unitarian Fellowship of Marshalltown, 10 a.m., in the boardroom in the Horne-Henry Center of the Marshalltown YMCA-YWCA, Marshalltown. This is a spiritual and philosophical discussion group. They will meet each Sunday of the month.
• Powerhouse Church, 11 a.m., will meet at the Orpheum Theater, 220 E. Main St., for church services. Looking for Worship Team members to share musical talents at church.
• Craft & Vendor Show, Eagles Club, 112 E. 3rd Street, Tama, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Ward’s Tacos will be selling Indian Tacos. Ladies Eagles Auxiliary will be having a charity bake sale
• Coupon Crazy, 1:30 p.m., until 3:30 p.m., Marshalltown Public Library, 105 W. Boone St. Entertaining program by Coupon Queen Mary Potter Kenyon
• “Escanaba In Love” 2 p.m., Martha Ellen Tye Playhouse. Hilarious prequel to “Escanaba in da Moonlight”
• Turkey Supper, 3 p.m, until 7 p.m., Trinity Lutheran Church, 206 First Ave. S., State Center. Menu: Turkey, dressing, potatoes and gravy, corn, cranberries, desserts, coffee and lemonade. Served family style/Handicap accessible. Cost is: Adults 13 and over, $12; Kids 4-12 years, $5; Three and under, Free. A God’s Pantry: Baked goods, crafts, etc. will be available for sale
• Marshalltown Alcoholics Anonymous, 6 p.m., Happy, Joyous and Free first Baptist Church at 700 E. Olive St. Open Meeting
• “5 for 1” 7 p.m., First Presbyterian Church, 100 S. Church St., Conrad. Food Resource Bank Benefit Dessert Concert