To have an event listed in the Community Calendar, e-mail email@example.com. The T-R reserves the right to limit listings to nonprofit entities.
• IVH Town Hall and Vietnam Veteran Commemoration, 9 a.m., until 11 a.m., Malloy Leisure Resource Room, Iowa Veterans Home. Benefit Claims Clinic 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. First floor of Loftus near the IVH switchboard.
• HALOS, Noon, a grief support group area sponsored by the Iowa River Hospice will meet at the Trojan Inn in Toledo. For more information or for questions call 800-827-4521 or 641-753-7704 or go to www.IowaRiverHospice.org.
• Noon Lions, Noon, at the American Legion Hall
• Marshalltown Alcoholics Anonymous, Noon, at 1311 E. Nevada St.
• Halos, a grief support group, Noon, will meet at the Trojan Inn in Toledo. This group meets for a meal, support and conversation the first Monday of each month. Questions, call 800-827-4521 or 641-753-7704
• Mid-Iowa Triumph Recovery Center, Noon, is open at new location, 101 W. Main St. in the rear. (door on First Street.) The center is open until 4 pm. The Center is for anyone 18 and older dealing with mental health/emotional issues past or present. The Center offers a safe place for peers to work on their recovery with support and activities.
• Progressive 500, 1 p.m., at the Senior Center, first floor. Shuffleboard courts open daily. Coffee and other refreshments available. Computers and Internet service available for games or personal use
• Travelogue at Albion Municipal Library, 400 N. Main St., Albion, 5 p.m., Guest presenter Mary Dooley shares Puerto Rico – before and after the hurricane. This event is free of charge and open to the public.
• Marshalltown Alcoholics Anonymous, 6 p.m., at 1311 E. Nevada St.
• Marshalltown High 12 Club #612, 6:30 p.m., will meet on the fifth floor of the Masonic Temple. Dinner begins at 6:30 p.m. and the meeting will be at 7 p.m. The club meets the first Monday of the month for a social meeting with wives.
• National T.T.T. Society meeting, 6:30 p.m., Fisher Community Center, 709 S. Center St.
• Senior Dances, 7 p.m., Featuring the Highway 30 Band until 10 p.m. at the Senior Citizens Center, 20 E. State St., on the second floor. Music will be classic country and 50s and 60s rock.