• Gladbrook Legion Breakfast, 7 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Memorial Building. All-You-Can-Eat: pancakes, biscuits and gravy, eggs, sausage, French toast
• Marshalltown Alcoholics Anonymous, 8 a.m., at 1311 E. Nevada St.
• Marshalltown Al-anon Family Group, 8 a.m., will meet at 1311 E. Nevada St. For questions call: 641-691-1989
• Laurel United Methodist Church, 9 a.m., 209 S. Main St., Laurel has Sunday School first followed by the church service at 10 a.m. Scott Lothe is the minister. The public is invited to attend.
• Unitarian Fellowship of Marshalltown, 10 a.m., in the boardroom in the Horne-Henry Center of the Marshalltown YMCA-YWCA, Marshalltown. This is a spiritual and philosophical discussion group. They will meet each Sunday of the month.
• Powerhouse Church, 11 a.m., will meet at the Orpheum Theater, 220 E. Main St., for church services. Looking for Worship Team members to share musical talents at church.
• Veterans Day Turkey Dinner, 12 p.m., until 3 p.m., Toledo American Legion, 109 N. Main St., Toledo. Turkey and all the trimmings; dine in or carry-out. Public invited/Cost is adults $10/Children $5
• Community-wide “Messiah” Rehearsal, 2 p.m., until 4 p.m. First United Methodist Church, 202 W. Main St. For more information call the Iowa Choral Society at 641-752-6414
• 1942 Film Festival: “The Sullivans” 2 p.m., Wieting Theatre, 101 S. Church St., Toledo. “The Sullivans”: The lives of a close-knit group of brothers growing up in Iowa during the days of the Great Depression and of World War II and their eventual deaths in action in the Pacific theatre are chronicled in this film based on a true story. The screening is free and open to the public. Free will donations are accepted.
• Marshalltown Alcoholics Anonymous, 6 p.m., Happy, Joyous and Free first Baptist Church at 700 E. Olive St. Open Meeting
• Community Thanksgiving Praise & Prayer Service, 6 p.m., New Hope Christian Church, 3901 S. Center St. Sponsored by area pastors and Marshall Co. Prayer Task Force