• Morning Optimists of Marshalltown, 6:30 a.m., at The Brew House, 4 W. Boone St.
• Central Iowa Branch of Orphan Grain Train, 8 a.m., will receive donations of clothing, quilts and other supplies until 11 a.m., at the Bevin Street warehouse in Clemons.
• HobbyCraft Club, 9 a.m., meets until 11 a.m. in the Cultural Center of the Marshalltown YMCA-YWCA
• Rotary Club, Noon, at Elmwood Country Club
• Mid-Iowa Triumph Recovery Center, Noon, is open at new location, 101 W. Main St. in the rear. (door on First Street.) The center is open until 4 pm. The Center is for anyone 18 and older dealing with mental health/emotional issues past or present. The Center offers a safe place for peers to work on their recovery with support and activities.
• Marshalltown Alcoholics Anonymous, Noon, at 1311 E. Nevada St.
• Crosswinds Toastmasters Club, Noon, For meeting location or additional information visit cwtm.org or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Noon Kiwanis, Noon, at the American Legion Hall
• Shuffleboard, 1 p.m., at the Senior Center, first floor. Shuffleboard courts open daily. Coffee and other refreshments available. Computers and Internet service available for games or personal use
• Lunch Counter Open, 5 p.m., until 8 p.m. at the Senior Center, first floor. Shuffleboard courts open daily. Coffee and other refreshments available. Computers and Internet service available for games or personal use
• Marshalltown Alcoholics Anonymous, 6 p.m., at 1311 E. Nevada St. Women’s Meeting
• Marshalltown Alcoholics Anonymous, 6:30 p.m., at First Baptist Church, 700 E. Olive St. Men’s meeting
• VFW Ladies Auxiliary Meet and Eat, 6:30 p.m., will meet at the Post Home, 107 E. Meadow Lane.
• Bingo, 6:45 p.m., until 9 p.m. at the Senior Center, first floor, doors open at 5 p.m. Open to the public.
• Heart of Iowa Chorus Sweet Adelines, 7 p.m., until 9 p.m. in the Marshalltown Mall. For more information, contact Sue Bryant at 641-351-1060.
• Joint meeting of Full solid Waste Management Commission and Executive Board of Solid Waste Management Commission, 7 p.m., at the Iowa Valley Community College Continuing Education Building, room 610, 3702 S. Center St. Agenda: Audit report; Approve Semi-Annual Groundwater Quality Report and Evaluation of SRAMP(Site Remedial Action Monitoring Plan) – Area A, for submittal to IDNR; Approve Five Year Engineering Agreement with HLW Engineering Group; Approve B-4-7 Expansion Change Order #4 with Steger Construction; Approve Contract Adjustment with MIW, Inc.; Budget/Tonnage/Tip Fee/Per capita
• Marshalltown Alcoholics Anonymous, 8 p.m., at 1311 E. Nevada St.
To have an event listed in the Community Calendar, e-mail email@example.com. The T-R reserves the right to limit listings to nonprofit entities.