To have an event listed in the Community Calendar, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. The T-R reserves the right to limit listings to nonprofit entities.
• Stop by the YMCA and guess the number of candies in the jar. Win a gift basket for closest to the correct number
• Noon Lions, Noon, at the American Legion Hall
• Marshalltown Alcoholics Anonymous, Noon, at 1311 E. Nevada St.
• Mid-Iowa Triumph Recovery Center, Noon, is open at new location, 101 W. Main St. in the rear. (door on First Street.) The center is open until 4 pm. The Center is for anyone 18 and older dealing with mental health/emotional issues past or present. The Center offers a safe place for peers to work on their recovery with support and activities.
• Region 6 Planning Commission, Noon, will meet in Meeting Room 2 of the Marshall County Courthouse NE corner. Agenda: Public hearing on Region 6 Transportation Improvement Program for Gilman; Short term payment for CDBG flood grant for Move Iowa Falls Forward; Purchase Paraplan software for Peoplerides; Approve Wellmark Insurance Plan for 2018 and Review Iowa Medicaid program
• Progressive 500, 1 p.m., at the Senior Center, first floor. Shuffleboard courts open daily. Coffee and other refreshments available. Computers and Internet service available for games or personal use
• YMCA-YWCA Card Party, 1 p.m., to 3:30, at the Henry-Horne Center Party Room.
• Marshall County Conservation Board meeting, 5 p.m. GrimesFarm and Conservation Center, 2349 233rd St. Agenda: Claims review and approval, approval of FY19 Budget and information and discussion about Grammer Grove improvements. Public welcome
• Marshalltown Alcoholics Anonymous, 6 p.m., at 1311 E. Nevada St.
• Lenihan 5/6 choir concert, 7 p.m., MHS/Community Auditorium