• Fred Hubbell, Democratic candidate for governor, will hold a meet and greet his supporters, 3 p.m., Barn of Carlos Portes, 2007 W. Main St., Marshalltown
• Marshall County Public Health Blood Pressure Clinic, 9 a.m., free in the food court at the Marshall Town Center until 10 a.m.
• Wednesday Morning Coffee Group, 9:30 a.m., will meet on the Fifth Floor Masonic Temple Building
• Marshall County Conservation Board Nature’s Story Hour, 10 a.m., for preschoolers at the Grimes Farm & Conservation Center, 2359 233rd St.
• Coffee Club and cookies; Special music by Nataly & Friends, 10-10:45 a.m. in the YMCA-YWCA Lobby
• Knitting Group, 10 a.m., at the Marshalltown Public Library in the Cafe Room. Open to the public. Anyone who wants to knit are welcome to come and share ideas. Please bring your own supplies. The group meets the first and third Wednesdays of the month. For more information contact Hollis Cassidy at 641-753-9192
• Marshalltown Alcoholics Anonymous, Noon, at 1311 E. Nevada St.
• Mid-Iowa Triumph Recovery Center, Noon, is open at new location, 101 W. Main St. in the rear. (door on First Street.) The center is open until 4 pm. The Center is for anyone 18 and older dealing with mental health/emotional issues past or present. The Center offers a safe place for peers to work on their recovery with support and activities.
• Line Dancing, 1 p.m., until 2 p.m. in the Horne-Henry Center Studio 2 at the Marshalltown YMCA-YWCA.
• Bridge, 1 p.m., at the Senior Center, first floor. Shuffleboard courts open daily. Coffee and other refreshments available. Computers and Internet service available for games or personal use
• Pinochle Day, 1 p.m., at the Senior Center, first floor. For more information contact the Marshalltown Senior Citizens Center 641-754-5744.
• Park and Rec Advisory Committee, 4:15 p.m., will meet in the basement meeting room at 10 W. State St.,
• The Marshall Duplicate Bridge Club, 6 p.m., at the Marshalltown Senior Citizens Center
• Evening Lions, 6:30 p.m., at the Salvation Army
• P.M. Kiwanis, 7 p.m., at O’Hungry’s in the Best Western Regency Inn.
• Marshalltown Alcoholics Anonymous, 8 p.m., at 1311 E. Nevada St.
To have an event listed in the Community Calendar, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. The T-R reserves the right to limit listings to nonprofit entities.