Marshall County Courthouse
• Gordon Riendeau made an initial appearance on a probation violation charge and a possession of a controlled substance charge. Aron Vaughn is appointed as counsel. The probation revocation hearing is scheduled at 10 a.m. on Feb. 9. Riendeau is being held without bond. The preliminary hearing is set at 1 p.m. on Feb. 5. Bond is set at $100 cash or surety. A substance abuse evaluation is ordered with the results submitted to the court within 60 days.
• Taylor Matteson made an initial appearance on a failure to maintain control charge. Matteson pleaded not guilty and a pre-trial conference is scheduled at 9:30 a.m. on Feb. 21 in Magistrate Court.
• John Breed, Thomas Coleman, Cynthia Norell, Daniel N. Norell, Dianne E. Norell, Donna K. Norell, Delores N. Schuler and Robert Schuler to Norell Farm Inc., 2036 Durham Ave., State Center
• Jacqueline L. Heintz Revocable Trust, Jacqueline L. Heintz, Trustee; Robert T. Laws Revocable Trust, Robert T. Laws Trustee to Jacqueline L. Heintz and Robert T. Laws, 1844 180th St.
• Larry J. and Rita M. Eastman to Larry J. and Rita M. Eastman, 1827 Parker Ave.
• S&E Investments LLC to Delania Jean Halter, 1004 W. Church St.
• Janice R. Wolken to Gregory S. Wolken, 3129 270th St.
• Cynthia R. and Gregory L. Moore to Darrin R. and Tracy L. Nuese, 295 First Ave., Ferguson
• Ana Gudino and LVNV Funding LLC to Catherine Gooding, 502 N. Center St.
• Frank J. Kolbe III and Joy Ann Kolbe to Frank J. Kolbe III and Joy Ann Kolbe, 2319 S. Fifth Ave.
• Ann and Terry VanCleave to Ciro and Jocelyn Dilorio, 507 W. Ingledue St.
Marshalltown Police Department
• On Thursday, Jan. 25, a burglary of a motor vehicle was reported in the 1100 block of East Nevada Street.
• On Thursday, Jan. 25, a theft from a motor vehicle and damage to the vehicle was reported to the Marshalltown Police Department.
• On Thursday, Jan. 25, an incident of vandalism was reported in the 100 block of South Third Avenue.
• On Thursday, Jan. 25, a burglary was reported in the 300 block of North Center Street.
• On Friday, Jan. 26, Justin Davis, 28, was arrested for driving while barred-habitual offender and no valid driver’s license.
• On Thursday, Jan. 25, Tina Tobo, 26, was arrested for driving under suspension.
• On Thursday, Jan. 25, Mark Hoover, 38, was arrested for domestic abuse assault-second offense.
• On Thursday, Jan. 25, Gordon Riendeau, 28, was arrested for possession of a Schedule IV controlled substance-serious.
Marshall County Sheriff
• On Thursday, Jan. 25, Robert Buerckley, 39, was arrested for carrying weapons and operating while under the influence-second offense.
• On Tuesday, Jan. 23, a vehicle driven by Barbara Ann Teckenburg, 68, of Des Moines, was southbound on Highway 14 when it struck a deer that entered the roadway. No injuries were reported. Damage to the Teckenburg vehicle was estimated at $6,000.
• On Thursday, Jan. 18, a minivan driven by Ervin Elwood Ficken, 96, of Melbourne, was driving around the parking lot at the Hy-Vee Gas Station when it turned a corner short and struck a Chevy Equinox on the front corner. No injuries were reported. Damage to both vehicles was estimated at $2,500.
• On Wednesday, Jan. 17, a car driven by John Robert Owens, 84, of Palo, was eastbound in the westbound lanes of Highway 30 when it sideswiped a vehicle driven by Ada Ricarda Banez Drummer, 57, of Marshalltown. No injuries were reported. The officer observed Owens to be extremely disoriented and confused, possibly suffering from dementia. Damage to the Drummer vehicle was estimated at $1,200 while the Owens car received an estimated $700 in damage.
• On Wednesday, Jan. 17, an ambulance driven by Kimberley Kay Younge, 56, of Marshalltown, was eastbound on Iowa Avenue West when a deer came out of the ditch and was struck by the passenger side fender. No injuries were reported. Damage to the ambulance was estimated at $1,500.
• On Tuesday, Jan. 16, a vehicle driven by Linda Kay Harem, 58, of Le Grand, was northbound on Highway 14 when it struck a deer which jumped onto the roadway from the east ditch. No injuries were reported. Damage to the Harem vehicle was estimated at $4,000.
• On Friday, Dec. 29, a car driven by a 16-year-old male from Gilman was southbound on Zeller Avenue when it braked abruptly for a non-contact vehicle which was turning left, went out of control on the snow covered highway, entered the west ditch and struck a utility pole. No injuries were reported. The juvenile was cited for following too closely. Damage to the car was estimated at $6,500.
Marshalltown Fire Department
• The Marshalltown Fire Department responded to a no incident found upon arrival at 118 N. Center St., an arcing or shorting of electrical equipment at 506 Highland Drive, and seven medical assists with the EMS crew to: 1013 S.Third Ave., 603 W. State St., 403 N. Third Ave., 9 W. Linn St., 1212 W. Main St., 206 Nicholas Drive, and 921 N. Third Ave.
• The Marshalltown Fire Department responded to a trash or rubbish fire at 120 E. Main St., and three medical assists with the EMS crew to: 206 Nicholas Drive, 1306 Marshall Drive, and 806 E. State St.
• The Marshalltown Fire Department responded to a motor vehicle accident with injuries on South Third Avenue, two dispatched/cancelled en routes to 708 W. Church St., and 403 1/2 S. First St., and six medical assists with the EMS crew to: 206 Nicholas Drive, 407 W. Church St., 21 S. Second Ave., 2605 S. Center St., 806 W. State St., and 408 N. 13th Ave.
• The Marshalltown Fire Department responded to a HazMat incident at 2 N. Second Ave., and six medical assists with the EMS crew to: 626 Ratcliffe Drive, 20 E. State St., 112 N. First St., 401 N. 13th Ave., 105 N. Seventh St., and 405 N. 14th Ave.
• The Marshalltown Fire Department responded to six medical assists with the EMS crew to: 306 1/2 Bromley St., 2341 Marshalltown Blvd., 605 Thunderbird Drive, 11 N. Eighth Ave., 15 N. 11th Ave., 903 Ratcliffe Drive.
• The Marshalltown Fire Department responded to a dispatched/cancelled en route to 3 E. Southridge Road, a motor vehicle accident with injuries at 405 Summit St., and six medical assists with the EMS crew to: 311 N. Third Ave., 108 Washington St., 206 Nicholas Drive, 108 Washington St., 403 N. Third Ave., 304 Summit St., 405 Summit St.
• The Marshalltown Fire Department responded to a smoke detector activation-no fire-unintentional at 110 N. Second Ave., a removal of victims from a stalled elevator at 122 W. Main St., a motor vehicle accident with no injuries at 1800 S. Crestview Drive/Center Street, and three medical assists with the EMS crew to: 812 W. Boone St., 310 Orchard Drive, and 1211 W. State St