Daily Record, Jan. 11, 2017
Man arrested on drug charges
A Marshalltown man has been arrested and charged with multiple drug offenses following a nearly two-month investigation.
On Tuesday morning, agents with the Mid-Iowa Drug Task Force served a narcotics search warrant at 11 N. 10th Avenue in Marshalltown. At the residence, officers seized methamphetamine, marijuana and drug paraphernalia as a result of the search warrant.
Arrested and charged was Michael Allen Witte, 49, who was charged with:
• Possession of Schedule II Controlled Substance with Intent (methamphetamine), C Felony.
• Possession of Schedule I Controlled Substance (marijuana) third or subsequent offense, D Felony
• Possession of drug paraphernalia, simple misdemeanor
The Mid Iowa Drug Task Force was assisted with the execution of the search warrant by the Marshalltown Police SWAT team and the Marshall County Sheriff’s Office.
Marshall County Courthouse
• Martha Joseph made an initial appearance on a probation revocation request. The public defender’s office is appointed as counsel. The probation revocation hearing is scheduled at 9:30 a.m. on Jan. 27. Bond is set at $5,000 cash or surety.
• Ronda K. Richmond, of Burlington, made an initial appearance on a driving under suspension-unpaid fines charge. A rocket docket pre-trial conference is scheduled at 9 a.m. on Jan. 27 in Magistrate Court. Richmond was released on her promise to appear.
• Arnoldo Cruz Marin made an initial appearance through an interpreter on a operating while intoxicated-first offense charge and a no valid driver’s license charge. Emily Swartz is appointed as counsel. The preliminary hearing is scheduled at 1 p.m. on Jan. 20. Bond is set at $1,000 cash or surety. Should Cruz Marin be released, he would have 60 days to obtain a substance abuse evaluation and submit the results to the court. Cruz Marin has a Immigration, Customs Enforcement hold in place.
• Lucas M. Catherwood made an initial appearance on a probation revocation request. The public defender’s office is appointed as counsel. The probation revocation hearing is scheduled at 10 a.m. on Jan. 27. Bond is set at $1,000 cash or surety.
• Ronald Crawford Hernandez made an initial appearance on a violation of a no-contact/contempt of court charge. Crawford Hernandez will hire his own counsel. The contempt hearing is scheduled at 9:30 a.m. on Jan. 24. Crawford Hernandez is released on his promise to appear. If he owns or possesses any firearms or ammunition, Crawford Hernandez is to contact the Marshall County Sheriff’s Office within 24 hours to make arrangements to surrender them. A new no-contact order has been issued for the protected party.
• Robert L. and Shelley S. Backes to Birdiana Vargas Acosta and Guillermo Gallardo Ambriz, 409 Swayze St.
• Douglas M. Hagele to Lindsey M. Gooding, 105 S. Seventh St.
Marshalltown Police Department
• On Monday, Arnoldo Cruz Marin was arrested for operating while under the influence-first offense and no valid driver’s license.
• Rebeckah Henry was arrested for no proof of vaccination and dogs at large.
• On Thursday, as a car driven by Patricia Ann Morales, of Marshalltown, was pulling into the Kwik Star parking area a car driven by Bernadette Geraldine Paglia, of Marshalltown, was exiting a parking spot and a collision occurred. No injuries were reported. Damage to both vehicles was estimated at $1,000 each.
• On Tuesday, a vehicle driven by Alma Fabiola Andrade, of Marshalltown, was southbound on Seventh Avenue stopped at the intersection with East Nevada Street and as she proceeded to turn left began to sneeze which resulted in a collision with a vehicle driven by Donna Louise Sampson, of Indianola, which was eastbound on Nevada Street. No injuries were reported. Damage to the Sampson vehicle was estimated at $1,000 while the Andrade vehicle received an estimated $1,500 in damage.