Daily Record, April 21, 2017
Marshall County Courthouse
• Jerome McDowell made an initial appearance on a operating while intoxicated-third offense charge, a driving while barred charge and a open container charge. The public defender’s office is appointed as counsel. The preliminary hearing is scheduled at 1 p.m. on May 1. McDowell is released under the supervision of the Department of Correctional Services and is to report to the adult probation office by 4 p.m. Thursday. A substance abuse evaluation is ordered with the results submitted to the court within 60 days of today’s date.
• Kerri Lee Underhill made an initial appearance on a parole violation charge. Jeffrey Hazen is appointed as counsel. Underhill’s parole officer will schedule her parole revocation hearing. Underhill is being held without bond.
• Aundre D. Allen made an initial appearance on a violation of probation charge. The public defender’s office is appointed as counsel. The probation revocation hearing is scheduled at 9 a.m. on May 12. The previously posted bond will continue until the conclusion of this case. Allen was reminded that he is still on probation.
• Austin Peter Bair made an initial appearance on a possession of contraband in a correctional facility charge, a unauthorized use of a credit card charge, a identity theft-unauthorized use of a credit card charge and a possession of methamphetamine charge. The public defender’s office is appointed as counsel. The preliminary hearing is scheduled at 1 p.m. on May 1. Bond is set at $5,000 cash or surety. Upon release, Bair will have 60 days to obtain a substance abuse evaluation and submit the results to the court.
Marshall County Sheriff
• On Tuesday, Lenni Anne Clemons was arrested on a warrant.
• On Sunday, Alfredo Morales-Herrera was arrested for operating while under the influence-first offense, driving on the wrong side of a two-way highway, no valid driver’s license and no insurance.
• On April 14, Anita Maria Nevarez was arrested on a warrant.
• On Monday, a car driven by Joshua Aaron Peters, of Gladbrook, was northbound on Wallace Avenue when the driver fell asleep resulting in the car entering the west ditch where it struck a field drive and came to rest in the ditch. No injuries were reported. Damage to the Peters car was estimated at $2,500.
• On Saturday, a pickup driven by Dallas Hamler Pfantz, of State Center, was southbound on Highland Acres Road when it struck a deer that entered the roadway. No injuries were reported. Damage to the Pfantz pickup was estimated at $5,000.
• On April 13, a semi driven by Andrew Claude Smith, of Clemons, was westbound on Highway 30 exiting onto Oaks Avenue when the semi’s brakes failed to engage. Smith down shifted and then tried to turn right resulting in the semi turning over on its left side. No injuries were reported. Smith was cited for failure to maintain control. Damage to the Smith semi was estimated at $10,500.
• On April 12, a pickup driven by Melanie Staub, of Pomeroy, was northbound on Highway 14 when it went out of control, crossed the opposite lane of traffic, then we off road striking the ditch and continuing onward into a field before coming to a stop. Staub was transported to Central Iowa Healthcare with possible head injuries. Staub was cited for failure to maintain control and no insurance-accident. Damage to the Staub pickup was estimated at $1,500.
Grundy County Sheriff
• On April 6, William Damon, age 22, of Earling, was arrested by Shelby County authorities on a Grundy County warrant charging him with probation violation.
• On Saturday, a vehicle driven by Donna Larsen, age 78, of Reinbeck, was driving on 260th Street east of V Avenue when it struck a mailbox during a storm. No injuries were reported. Damage to the Larsen vehicle was estimated at $7,500.
• On April 10, a vehicle driven by Jason Powell, age 44, of Naperville, Ill., was westbound on Highway 20 when it struck a deer that entered the roadway. No injuries were reported. Damage to the Powell vehicle was estimated at $6,000.