Daily Record, April 6, 2017
Tama County man pleads guilty to deer poaching
Ralph Ray Rozevink, 61, of rural Tama County, recently pleaded guilty to poaching a doe in southern Marshall County late last year.
Back on Dec. 18, 2016, State Conservation Officer Brett Reece apprehended Rozevink after he shot and killed a doe from a public highway in Marshall County. Reece charged Rozevink with one count of shooting a deer slug from a public highway, illegally taking a deer and illegal transportation of a deer.
Rozevink was subsequently fined $585 and assessed $1,500 in liquidated damages, forfeited the deer and received a multiple-year suspension of his hunting privileges.
Marshall County Courthouse
• Rickey D. Hawkins made an initial appearance on three counts of a probation violation charge. Jennie Wilson-Moore will continue as counsel. The probation revocation hearing is scheduled at 9:30 a.m. on May 1. Hawkins is being held without bond.
• Matthew Kippe made an initial appearance on a theft-third degree-enhanced charge. The public defender’s office is appointed as counsel. The preliminary hearing is scheduled at 1 p.m. on April 14. Bond is set at $2,000 cash or surety.
• Nathan Lee Danner made an initial appearance on a probation violation charge. The public defender’s office is appointed as counsel. The probation revocation hearing is scheduled at 9:30 a.m. on May 3. Bond is set at $2,000 cash or surety.
• Russell Gentry Jr. made an initial appearance on two counts of a interference with official acts causing bodily injury charge. Bethany Curry was appointed as counsel. The preliminary hearing is scheduled at 1 p.m. on April 24. Gentry is released with supervision through the Department of Correctional Services and is to report to the adult probation office by 4 p.m. Wednesday to sign a pre-trial release agreement.
• Goitom Walu made an initial appearance on a no valid driver’s license charge, a no insurance charge, a speeding 112/65 charge and a driving under suspension charge. Walu pleaded guilty to all charges. On the driving under suspension and the no insurance the fines are $250 each with a $87.50 surcharge and $60 in court costs for a total of $397.50, each. The fine on the speeding charge is $235 with a $82.25 surcharge and $60 in court costs for a total of $377.25. The no valid driver’s license fine is $200 with a $70 surcharge and $60 in court costs for a total of $330. All payments are due in 30 days.
• Joseph Allen Burke made an initial appearance on a driving under suspension charge. The court amended it to an expired driver’s license and Burke pleaded guilty. The fine is $50 with a $17.50 surcharge and $60 in court costs for a total of $127.50, due within 30 days.
• Fred Yantis to Gabriela Flores and Ernesto Moran, 917 Jackson St.
• Dean S. and Stephaney Barber to Dean S. and Stephaney Barber Barber, 3109 S. 12th St.
• Frank Edward Wilcox and Robin Marie Wilcox to Jennifer Marie Rayburn, 303 N. Elm St., Gilman
• K&A Real Estate LLC to Timothy D. Sletten, 5 N. 11th Ave.
• Barney L. Halverson, Lawrence E. Halverson and K&A Real Estate LLC to Timothy D. Sletten, 3 N. 11th Ave.
• K&A Real Estate LLC to Timothy D. Sletten, 1102 E. Main St., 310 S. Fourth St., 10 S. 12th St.,
• K&A Real Estate LLC to Karen and Larry Brown, 310 N. Second Ave.
• K&A Real Estate LLC to Brant E. and Celeste M. Luense, 1006 1/2 S. Center St., 511 W. Nevada St., 1006 S. Center St., 1014 S. Center St., 1004 S. Center St., 1908 Summit St., 1003 S. Center St.
• Cynthia A. and Kirk D. Shirar to Cynthia Ann Shirar Revocable Trust, Cynthia Ann Shirar, Trustee, 2310 Knollway Drive
• Secretary of Housing & Urban Development, Marshall County Sheriff, Felipe P. and Leticia Martinez to Bank of America, 1806 W. Main St.
• Janice E. and Ralph R. Roloff to CJ Ryherd Properties LLC, 2246 Eastman Ave., State Center
Marshalltown Police Department
• On Tuesday, Nathan Lee Danner was arrested on a warrant.
• On Tuesday, a minivan driven by Victoria Dawn Estrada, of Marshalltown, was westbound on Ingledue Street in front of Lenihan School when it struck a 10-year-old female who attempted to cross the street from between two parked vehicles.
Marshall County Sheriff
• On Wednesday, Rickey Dustin Hawkins was arrested on a warrant.
• On Tuesday, Christopher Lee Krall was arrested on a warrant.
• On Monday, Juan Carlos Pantoja Aguilera was arrested on a warrant.
• On Saturday, Janet Michelle Guipre was arrested for domestic abuse assault-first offense and child endangerment causing bodily injury.
• On Friday, Issaiah Thomas Roberts was arrested on a warrant.