Daily Record, May 27, 2017
Marshall County Courthouse
• Melanie A. and Roger K. Hatch to Andrea and Angel Rodriguez, 307 Lee St.
• Jimmie D. and Phyllis M. Hill to Greg L. Bittner, 217 Second St., Melbourne
• MTM Two LLC to Superior Housing Cooperative No. 16 LLC, 201 N. Second Ave.
• Darrell W. Achtemeier Revocable Trust, Douglas D. Achtemeier and Suzanne Marie Shapiro Trustees to Douglas D. Achtemeier Living Trust and Suzanne Shapiro Revocable Trust, 2029B 340th St., Laurel
• Shirley Ohlschlager Revocable Trust to Phyllis M. and Jimmie D. Hill, 608 E. Olive St., #213
• US Bank to Secretary of Housing & Urban Development, 303 N. Fifth St.
• Leonard G. Reeder to Zachary L. Mailahn, 3001 Nelson Road
• D. Otto and Kathryn D. Welfring to Rose Par and Taun Tang, 511 Eastview Road
• Shaylee Wilson to JBI Cooperative Association, 1013 E. Anson St.
• Edna Jean Drew to Christine and Shane Ecklor, 2402A Sand Road
Grundy County Sheriff
• On May 19, Daniel Degner, 55, of Dysart, was arrested at the Grundy County Sheriff’s Office on Tama County warrant charging him with failure to appear. Degner posted bond and was released.
• On May 19, Peggy Rohach, 52, of Conrad, was arrested in Grundy Center and charged with operating while intoxicated-first offense. Rohach posted bond and was released.
• On May 17, a semi driven by Gregory Scavo, 45, of Des Moines, was westbound on Highway 20 when straight line winds caused the empty trailer to blow sideways resulting in a jackknifing effect and causing a semi driven by Robert Van Winkle, 73, of Sioux City, to be struck by the Scavo trailer. No injuries were reported. Damage to both semis was estimated at $2,000 each.
• On May 16, a car driven by Martin Hill, 80, of Grundy Center, was eastbound on Highway 175 when a deer entered the roadway and was struck. No injuries were reported. Damage to the Hill car was estimated at $4,000.
• On May 15, A vehicle driven by Scott Waechter, 35, of Aplington, was westbound on 130th Street and failed to stop at the intersection with U Avenue and collided with a vehicle driven by a 16-year-old female from New Hartford resulting in the Waechter vehicle entering the southwest ditch and over turning and the juvenile’s vehicle spinning around and coming to rest on the west shoulder. No injuries were reported. Waechter was cited for failure to obey a stop sign. Damage to the Waechter vehicle was estimated at $10,000 while the juvenile’s vehicle received an estimated $500 in damage.
• On May 14, a pickup driven by Seth Van Wert, 19, of Grundy Center, was westbound on P Avenue when it collided with the rear of a vehicle driven by Cameron Clark, 20, of Reinbeck, which had slowed for a fox in the roadway. No injuries were reported. Van Wert was cited for failure to maintain control. Damage to the Van Wert pickup was estimated at $7,500 while the Clark vehicle received an estimated $4,500 in damage.
Marshalltown Fire Department
The Marshalltown Fire Department responded to a power line down at 808 W. Nevada St., and four medical assists with the EMS crew to: 507 Grandview, 112 N. First St., 1 W. Grant St., and 211 E. Olive St.
The Marshalltown Fire Department responded to an outside rubbish fire at 509 W. Linn St., and six medical assists with the EMS crew to: 213 Westwood Drive, 609 W. Main St., 2001 S. 18th Ave., 410 N. Fourth St., 3010 S. 14th St., and 403 E. Southridge Road.
The Marshalltown Fire Department responded to two extrication of victims from vehicles at 1100 S. Sixth St., and on East Anson Street and seven medical assists with the EMS crew to: 109 N. Third St., 200 S. Third St., 16 E. Main St., 3202 S. 12th St., 2907 S. Sixth St., 2801 Nelson Road, and 2 N. Second Ave.
The Marshalltown Fire Department responded to a carbon monoxide detector activation-no CO at 310 Orchard Drive, and 10 medical assists with the EMS crew to: 2907 S. Sixth St., 122 W. Main St., 309 S. 12th Ave., 106 S. First St., 403 S. Second St., 1736 Country Club Lane, 2907 S. Sixth St., 1500 Lincoln Tower Circle, 519 Eastview Road, and 2112 Edgebrook Drive.