Daily Record, June 21, 2017
Mailbox vandalism reported
GREEN MOUNTAIN — Local law enforcement are investigating a rash of mailbox vandalism cases that occurred over the weekend.
Marshall County Sheriff Steve Hoffman said at least seven mailboxes in and around Green Mountain and the northeast corner of Marshall County area were damaged by an unknown perpetrator or perpetrators sometime early Saturday morning
“I would say that it’s likely they were all connected,” said Hoffman, adding that the busted mailbox damage was estimated at between $500 and $1,000 each.
It was also noted that the sheriff’s deputy investigating the damage did obtain tire impressions near and around the damaged mailboxes.
Those who might have information about the damaged mailboxes are encouraged to call the sheriff’s office at (641) 754-6380.
Marshall County Courthouse
• George Gomez, of Albion, made an initial appearance on a probation violation charge. The public defender’s office is appointed as counsel. The probation revocation hearing is scheduled at 11 a.m. on July 11. Bond is set at $5,000 cash only.
• Michael James Johnson made an initial appearance on a domestic abuse assault causing bodily injury charge. The public defender’s office is appointed as counsel. The preliminary hearing is scheduled at 1 p.m. on June 30. Bond is set at $1,000 cash or surety. If Johnson owns or possesses any firearms or ammunition, he is to contact the Marshall County Sheriff’s Office within 24 hours to make arrangements to surrender them. A no-contact order has been issued for the protected party.
• Jose Valdovinos made an initial appearance through a Spanish interpreter on a possession of methamphetamine charge and a possession of drug paraphernalia charge. The public defender’s office is appointed as counsel. The preliminary hearing is scheduled at 1 p.m. on June 30. Bond is set at $1,000 cash or surety. Upon release Valdovinos will have 60 days to obtain a substance abuse evaluation and submit the results to the court. Valdovinos is under an Immigration and Customs Enforcement hold.
• Fernando Calderas, Rosalina Ibarra De Calderas, Francisco Ibarra Meza, Ramona Saldana to Javier Ibarra Saldana, 107 N. Fifth St.
• Barbara Bryngelson Revocable Trust, Barbara Bryngelson Trustee and Berdette Bryngelson Revocable Trust Berdette Bryngelson Trustee to Carol A. Bristley, 106 Pleasantview Road
• Anndee and John J. Bloom to Aurora and Devin Stowell, 306 Buhrow St., Laurel
• Linda and Mark Inks to Bryce Rush, 1209B Main Street Road, State Center
• Farmers Savings Bank to AJS Limited Liability Company, 1108 N. Third Ave.
• Bruno V. Cubas Garcia to Stacy L. Oclair, 1810 Summit St.
• Tarah Ann Andrews to Amanda J. and Bret Veren, 405 Second Ave., Melbourne
• Kathleen A. Edgar to Jaime Lopez Guerrero and Paula Lopez Ibarra, 214 N. Third Ave.
• Ardyce L. Smith to Jesse J. and Kellianne R. Torres, 1911 S. Third Ave. Place
• Meredith C. Cooney to Patricia C. Carmichael, 413 N. Eighth St.