Daily Record, June 9, 2017
Man faces additional forgery charges
New charges of Ongoing Criminal Conduct, eight counts of Forgery, and Theft in the 4th Degree were filed Thursday by the Marshall County Attorney’s Office in district court against a local man being held in the Marshall County Jail on other forgery and theft charges.
Ongoing criminal conduct is a Class B felony, Forgery is a Class D felony.
Last month Marshalltown Police Capt. Mike Hanken said Alfredo Ramiro Rico, 21, had been picked up by authorities in Ottumwa after he failed to appear in court on a theft charge.
Hanken said Rico was one of several suspects connected to the theft and forgery of checks reported stolen from woman’s purse from earlier this year.
“He was the last of the bunch,” Hanken said.
Preliminary hearing is 1 p.m. on June 16.
Rico is being held on a $25,000 cash or surety bond.
Marshalltown Police Department
• On Wednesday, Abraham Ngor was arrested for public intoxication-first offense.
• On Wednesday, a pickup driven by Paul Robert Adams, of Marshalltown, was westbound on Summit Street when it came to a set of cones blocking the roadway, pulled into an alley to turn around and when it backed out the pickup collided with the front passenger side of a minivan driven by Chad Michael Smith, of Ames, which had come to the cones and stopped. No injuries were reported. Damage to the Smith minivan was estimated at $1,200 while the Adams pickup received an estimated $500 in damage.
Marshall County Sheriff
• On Wednesday, Daniel Kaisinger was arrested for driving under suspension.
• On Wednesday, Leydie Hillary Carranza Mejia De La Luna was arrested for operation without registration, no valid driver’s license, speeding, driving under suspension and driving while barred.
• On Wednesday, David Orville Wagner was arrested for no insurance-accident, operation without registration, operating while under the influence-third or subsequent offense, open container, no valid commercial driver’s license, failure to maintain control, driving while license is denied, cancelled, revoked or suspended and driving while license is denied or revoked.
Marshall County Courthouse
• Alfredo Ramiro Rico made an initial appearance on a ongoing criminal conduct charge, a theft-fourth degree charge and eight counts of a forgery charge. Jeff Hazen is appointed as counsel. The preliminary hearing is scheduled at 1 p.m. on June 16. Bond is set at $25,000 cash only.
• David Orville Wagner, of Des Moines, made an initial appearance on two counts of a driving under suspension charge, a operating while intoxicated-third or subsequent offense charge, a driving under suspension charge, a failure to maintain control charge, a no valid driver’s license charge, no insurance-accident charge, a operation without registration plates charge and an open container charge. Breanna Nelson is appointed as counsel. The preliminary hearing is scheduled at 1 p.m. on June 15. Bond is set at $5,000 cash only. A substance abuse evaluation is ordered with the results submitted within 60 days of release to the court.
• Abraham Gatwech Ngor made an initial appearance on a public intoxication charge. He pleaded not guilty. Christian Stickrod is appointed as counsel. A pre-trial conference is scheduled at 9 a.m. on June 28 in Magistrate Court. Ngor is released on his promise to appear.
• Shevonald Lee Gibbs, of Le Grand, made an initial appearance on a domestic abuse assault charge. Jeff Hazen is appointed as counsel. The preliminary hearing is scheduled at 1 p.m. on June 19. Gibbs is released on his promise to appear. A no-contact order has been issued for the protected party. If he owns or possesses any firearms or ammunition, Gibbs is to contact the Marshall County Sheriff’s Office and make arrangements to surrender them while this case is pending.
• Alma B. Hass to Dennis L. Snider, 701 S. Seventh Ave.
• Amanda L. and Johnny J. Fox to Dylan J. Koger, 201 N. 21st St.
• Jupiter Properties LLC to Forest LLC, 413 Sharon Ave.