Daily Record, July 10, 2017
Marshalltown Fire Department
• The Marshalltown Fire Department responded to a removal of victims from elevator at 2 N. Second Ave., a fire at 3202 S. 12th St., a dispatched/cancelled en route to 101 NewCastle Road, an extrication of victims from vehicle at 910 S. 10th Ave., and two medical assists with the EMS crew to 413 N. 15th St., and 101 N. 22nd St.
• The Marshalltown Fire Department responded to a good intent call to 2 N. Second Ave., two dispatched/cancelled en route to 112 N. Second Ave., and South Highway 14, a smoke detector activation-no fire-unintentional at 1211 W. State St., and nine medical assists with the EMS crew to: 208 Glenda Drive, 1343 Country Club Lane, 312 W. High St., 203 E. High St., 13 E. Southridge Road, 613 1/2 Fremont St., 511 N. 12th Ave., 907 W. Boone St., and 1904 Summit St.
• The Marshalltown Fire Department responded to a building fire at 905 W. Nevada St., and three medical assists with the EMS crew to: 112 N. First Ave., 1202 S. Ninth Ave., and 3315 S. Center St.
Grundy County Sheriff
• On July 1, a vehicle driven by Richard Oltman, 68, of Des Moines, was northbound on Highway 14 approaching 190th Street when a non-contact vehicle turned from 190th Street into his path requiring Oltman to take evasive action to avoid a collision resulting in the Oltman vehicle colliding with a vehicle driven by Marvin Homeister, 54, of Shell Rock, which was stopped on the other side of 190th Street. No injuries were reported. Gary Clemens, of Wellsburg, the non-contact driver was issued a citation for failure to yield upon entering a through highway. Damage to the Oltman vehicle is estimated at $10,000 while the Homeister vehicle received an estimated $3,000 in damage.
• On June 29, a semi driven by Michael Galt, 54, of Fishers, Ind., was backing into a parking stall at The Mill truck stop when it collided with the front of a Keim TS Inc. semi. No injuries were reported. Damage to the Keim TS Inc. semi was estimated at $5,000.
• On June 28, a car driven by Tye Mundt, 37, of Beaman, was eastbound on D-67n stopped at the stop sign with T-29 when it proceeded forward and collided with a vehicle driven by Tony Nikkel, 40, of Bondurant, which was southbound on T-29. Minor injuries were reported. Mundt was cited for failure to yield upon entering a through highway. Damage to the Mundt car was estimated at $6,000 while the Nikkel vehicle received an estimated $3,000 in damage.
• On June 27, a vehicle driven bu Jose Rojas, 18, of Des Moines, was southbound on Highway 14 at 320th Street where there were cars stopped waiting to turn onto 320th street. The driver was going too fast so to avoid hitting them he went into the ditch taking out a stop sign before entering. No injuries were reported. Rojas was cited for driving under suspension and failure to maintain control. Damage to the Rojas vehicle was estimated at $3,000.
• On June 22, a vehicle driven by Jeffrey Jantzen, 46, of Dysart, was westbound on State Street in Dike near Seventh Street when the driver could not get through between parked cars and the driver attempted to back up and collided with a car driven by Ruth Beiner, 60, of Dike. No injuries were reported. Damage to the Jantzen vehicle was estimated at $500 while the Beiner car received an estimated $6,000 in damage.
Marshall County Sheriff
• On Tuesday, three separate cases of theft from vehicles were reported in the county.
• On July 2, two people reported a motor vehicle break in on the east side of Marshalltown.
• On June 29, a report was made of a trespass on property involving criminal mischief amounting to more than $200 in damage north of Le Grand.
• On Thursday, Cari Rae Jones was arrested for no valid driver’s license and driving under suspension.
• On Thursday, Stacey Lynn Sanders was arrested on a warrant.
• On Thursday, Tiffany Lynn Harris was arrested on a warrant.
• On Wednesday, Theanna Rae Martinez was arrested for theft-fifth degree.
• On Wednesday, Samantha Jo Daniel was arrested on a warrant.
• On Wednesday, Tracy Nichole Earhart was arrested on a warrant.
• On Wednesday, Heather Lynn Cole was arrested on a warrant.
• On Wednesday, Peter Thaung was arrested for open container, striking unattended vehicle, no valid driver’s license, no insurance-accident, operating vehicle without interlock device and operating while intoxicated-second offense.
• On Tuesday, a pickup driven by Blake Dean Benson, of Marshalltown, was stopped at the cross over area of Highway 330 facing west when he took his foot off the brake and the truck moved forward colliding with the rear of a pickup driven by Mark Allen Hill, of Rhodes, which was also in the cross over area awaiting traffic to clear. No injuries were reported. Benson was cited for failure to stop in the assured, clear distance. Damage to the Benson pickup was estimated at $4,500 while the Hill pickup received an estimated $2,500.
• On Tuesday, a car driven by Lucille Marie Burroughs, of Liscomb, Mishelle Lynn Bagge, of Independence, was southbound on Marsh Avenue approaching Marshalltown Boulevard intersection when a bug crawling on her neck distracted Burroughs and she collided with the rear of a car driven by Mishelle Lynn Bagge, of Independence. No injuries were reported. Burroughs is cited for failure to stop in the assured, clear distance. Damage to the Burroughs car was estimated at $6,000 while the Bagge car received an estimated $3,500 in damage.