Daily Record, July 28, 2017
Collision leads to reckless driving charge
A collision between two vehicles at the intersection of Center Street and Southridge Road in Marshalltown earlier this week resulted in the arrest of a local woman for eluding and reckless driving.
Marshalltown Police were called to the intersection at approximately 3:45 p.m. Tuesday.
Upon investigation, officers saw Vanessa Corine Collins, 37, the driver of one of the vehicles, leaving the scene.
“She was spotted by one of our officers … they attempted to stop her and she refused to yield to officers,” said Capt. Mike Hanken of the MPD. “The pursuit continued to go out into the county … our officers suspended the chase for safety concerns. She was seen shortly thereafter by Marshall County Sheriff Office deputies, apprehended and arrested.” Collins was returned to the MPD and arrested for reckless driving and eluding. She was also cited for leaving scene of accident, failure to provide aid or information, failure to yield to an emergency vehicle, failure to obey stop or yield sign, two counts, failure to obey traffic control device and failure to provide proof of financial liability-accident, according to the police report. Collins was taken to Marshall County Jail.
Marshall County Courthouse
• Derrick Reimers made an initial appearance on a interference with official acts-causing bodily injury charge, an assault causing bodily injury charge and an assault on persons engaged in certain occupations charge. The public defender’s office is appointed as counsel. The preliminary hearing is scheduled at 1 p.m. on Aug. 7. Bond is set at $2,000 cash only. A no-contact order has been issued for the protected party.
• Jose Ramos Rogelio made an initial appearance on a forgery charge, an identity theft charge and two more forgery charges. The preliminary hearing is scheduled at 1 p.m. on Aug. 7. Bond is set at $5,000 cash only.
• Blaze Ryan Krough made an initial appearance on a unlawful possession of a prescription drug charge and a possession of drug paraphernalia charge. The public defender’s office is appointed as counsel. The preliminary hearing is scheduled at 1 p.m. on Aug. 15. Krough is released on his promise to appear.
• Lorrie Ann Bartlett made an initial appearance on a false reporting charge. She pleaded not guilty and a pre-trial conference is scheduled at 9 a.m. on Aug. 30 in Magistrate Court. Bartlett is released on her promise to appear.
• Michael Dean Davis made an initial appearance on a disorderly conduct charge. He pleaded guilty and the fine is $65 with a $22.75 surcharge and $60 in court costs for a total of $147.75, due within 30 days.
• Lafrentz LLC to Orange Bundy Partners LTD, 10 Lafrentz Lane
• Antonio M. Alonso Abajo and Elena Mora Martin to Ian and Stephanie Friedman, 2010 S. Sixth St.
• Guy Bernard Trust, Jean Guy Bernard Trustee, Louise M. Bernard Trust, Louise M. Bernard Trustee to Samantha J. Crawford and Kyle R. Schrader, 1130 #2 330th St., Rhodes
Marshalltown Fire Department
• The Marshalltown Fire Department responded to six medical assists with the EMS crew to: 207 E. Main St., 412 E. Boone St., 5 S. Seventh St., 814 S. Sixth St., 100 Lafrentz Lane, and 208 N. First Ave.
• The Marshalltown Fire Department responded to a heat detector activation due to malfunction at 108 Washington St., a carbon monoxide incident at 3202 S. 12th St., and seven medical assists with the EMS crew to: 206 Nicholas Drive, 201 N. 19th St., 2208 Edgebrook Drive, 212 Washington St., 802 S. Center St., 308 Sugar Plum Lane, and 810 W. Lincoln Way.
• The Marshalltown Fire Department responded to a passenger vehicle fire at 220 Glenda Drive, a dispatched/cancelled en route to 609 N. Fifth Ave., a carbon monoxide detector activation due to malfunction at 2013 Elmcrest Drive, two smoke detector activations due to malfunctions at 1509 Marion St., and 122 W. Main St., and 10 medical assists with the EMS crew to: 2010 Bryngelson Drive, 808 Patterson Lane, 206 Olson Way, 1507 Elder Drive, 210 N. Sixth St., 521 N. First St., 609 W. Church St., 34 W. Main St., 5 E. Anson St., and 603 S. Third Ave.
• The Marshalltown Fire Department responded to a dispatched/cancelled en route to 110 College Drive, and eight medical assists with the EMS crew to: 1408 Summit St., 407 W. Church St., 120 E. Main St., 921 N. Third Ave., 10 S. Seventh Ave., 208 Glenda Drive, 915 W. Merle Hibbs Blvd., and 1108 Iowa Ave. West.
• The Marshalltown Fire Department responded to an alarm system activation-no fire-unintentional at 108 Washington St., a motor vehicle/pedestrian accident on South Center Street and 10 medical assists with the EMS crew to: 216 Glenda Drive, 1911 S. Center St., 1211 W. State St., 2802 S. Center St., 11 W. Grant St., 1720 S. Center St., 100 Lincoln St., 533 N. Third St., 2711 W. Main St., and 503 W. Linn St.
• The Marshalltown Fire Department responded two outside rubbish fires at 509 W. Church St., and 501 S. Second St., a HazMat release investigation w/no HazMat at 507 W. Church St., a building or structure weakened or collapsed at 309 N. Fourth St., a vehicle accident at 300 E. Anson St., a dispatched/cancelled en route to 503 1/2 N. First Ave., and six medical assists with the EMS crew to: 2613 S. Center St. 22 N. Center St., 812 W. Linn St., 1716 S. Center St., 907 W. Boone St., and on North Ninth Street.
• The Marshalltown Fire Department responded to a carbon monoxide detector activation-No CO at 112 N. First St., and seven medical assists with the EMS crew to: 503 W. Linn St., 102 E. State St., 2006 Skyline Drive, 402 N. Second St., 3202 S. 12th St., 202 N. Second Ave., and 519 Bromley St.
Marshall County Sheriff
• On Wednesday, Tyler Jonathan Slemp was arrested on a warrant.
• On July 17, a vehicle driven by Wade Randall Judge, of Marshalltown, had just picked up a load of rock from the quarry. The trailer Judge was pulling had been loaded incorrectly. As Judge passed Sanford Avenue the trailer began to fishtail resulting in the driver losing control of the vehicle which spun around and came to rest in the north ditch. No injuries were reported. The vehicle and trailer had to be towed from the scene. Damage to the Judge vehicle was estimated at $7,500.
Marshalltown Police Department
• On Wednesday, a store in Marshalltown reported a case of shoplifting.
• On Tuesday, Vanessa Corine Collins was cited for leaving the scene of an accident, failure to yield to emergency vehicle, two counts of failure to obey a stop sign, two counts of failure to obey a traffic control device and no insurance.
• On Thursday, Lorrie Ann Bartlett was arrested for false reporting-911 call.
• On Wednesday, Ulysses Julius Jones III was arrested on a warrant from another county.
• On Tuesday, Vanessa Corine Collins was arrested for reckless driving and eluding.