Daily Record, July 3, 2017
Grundy County Sheriff
• On Friday, Darwin Harms, 57, of Wellsburg, was arrested at the Department of Corrections in Waterloo on a Grundy County warrant charging him with probation violation. Harms is in the Grundy County jail under no bond.
• On Wednesday, Carson Sibley, 26, of LaCrosse, Wis., was arrested at the Grundy County Lake at Dike and charged with enticing a minor under 16 for sexual purpose. Sibley remains in the Grundy County jail under no bond.
• On June 24, a vehicle driven by Danielle Nemmers, 20, of Earlham, was eastbound on Highway 20 when it collided with the rear of a vehicle driven by Shana Hilgerson, 20, of Elkader, which slowed for a construction zone area. No injuries were reported. Damage to the Hilgerson vehicle was estimated at $6,000 while the Nemmers vehicle received an estimated $3,000 in damage.
• On June 22, a vehicle driven by Brian Zeien, 37, of Cedar Falls, was northbound on Highway 14 south of 260th Street when it struck a deer that entered the roadway. No injuries were reported. Damage to the Zeien vehicle was estimated at $12,000.
• On June 16, a vehicle pulling a camper driven by Robert Corwin, 54, of Austin, Minn., was southbound on Highway 14 near 140th Street when a vehicle crossed the center line. The driver took evasive action to avoid a collision and lost control of the camper swaying back and forth until the camper overturned and came to rest on its side. The vehicle that crossed the center line left the scene. No injuries were reported. Damage to the camper was estimated at $5,000.
• On June 10, a vehicle driven by Richard Elmore, 72, of Beaman, was exiting a roadside park onto Z Avenue from Highway 175 and turning south at the same moment a vehicle driven by Ricky Huisman, 63, was eastbound on Highway 175 turning south resulting in a collision. No injuries were reported. Elmore was cited for failure to yield the right of way. Damage to the Elmore vehicle was estimated at $4,000 while the Huisman vehicle received an estimated $2,000 in damage.
• On June 9, a car driven by Matthew Van Hauen, 20, of Morrison, was southbound on U Avenue south of 190th Street when the tire dropped off onto the shoulder causing the driver to over-correct and enter the east ditch where it rolled and came to rest on the drive’s side in a bean field. No injuries were reported. Hauen was arrested for operating while intoxicated-first offense. He was later released on his promise to appear. Damage to the Hauen car was estimated at $2,000.
• On June 5, a car driven by Zachary Halverson, 18, of Marshalltown, was westbound on Highway 175 east of P Avenue when a deer entered the roadway and was struck. No injuries were reported. Damage to the Halverson car was estimated at $4,000.
• On June 3, a vehicle driven by Justin Kreisel, 30, of Aplington, was westbound on 170th Street and turned onto L Avenue when the right front tire blew causing the driver to lose control and vehicle to enter the west ditch, drive back onto the road and back into the ditch where it struck a fence post in a field driveway causing front end damage. Kreisel suffered minor injuries. Kreisel was cited for failure to maintain control. Damage to the Kreisel vehicle was estimated at $5,000.