Daily Record, Aug. 13, 2017
Marshalltown Police Department
• On Thursday, Nina Lavon Chase was arrested for assault use/display of a weapons
• On Thursday, Brook Taylor Harms was arrested for interference with official acts
• On Thursday, David Antonio Valencia was arrested on a warrant
• On Thursday, Alfredo Rico was arrested for third-degree theft
• On Thursday, Cecilia Howe was arrested for shoplifting
• On Thursday, Natasha Gallegos was arrested on a warrant
• On Friday, Alejandro Diaz was arrested for possession/purchase of alcohol by a person underage
• On Thursday, vandalism/property damage was reported in the 300 block of Orchard Drive
• On Thursday, vandalism/property damage was reported in the 100 block of South 12th Street
• On Thursday, vandalism/property damage was reported in the 200 block of South 9th Street
• On Thursday, theft under $200 was reported in the 800 block of South 6th Street
• On Thursday, vandalism/property damage was reported in the 700 block of East State Street
• On July 14, a vehicle operated by Michael Lee Graves of Altoona was backing up his semi-truck in the Kmart parking lot when he struck a legally parked vehicle. Estimated damage to the semi: $100; damage to the parked vehicle: $2,500.
• On Aug. 3, a vehicle operated by Alonzo Willie Jackson of Urbandale was eastbound in the 1600 block of Lincoln Way when the vehicle left the roadway during a gradual turn striking a mailbox. Jackson’s car then continued eastbound through a lawn south of the roadway and struck a tree. Jackson was transported to a local hospital for injuries and cited for failure to maintain control of his vehicle. Estimated damage to car: $12,000.
Marshall County Sheriff
• On Wednesday, Douglas Edward Cadotte was arrested on a warrant.
• On Thursday, Kirsten Bolle was arrested on a warrant.
• On Friday, Shauna Hatchitt was arrested for contempt and violation of a no-contact order.
• On Friday, Tye Medhaug was arrested for interference with official acts.
• On Friday, Lynn Weese was arrested for dominion/control of a firearm/weapon by a felon.
• On Friday, Marc Sargent was arrested for public intoxication.
• On Monday, a pickup truck operated by Dominic Lee Krough of Marshalltown was southbound in the 2400 mile of Durham Avenue when the vehicle left the roadway and entered the east ditch, causing the vehicle to roll over. Krough was cited for violation of instruction permit, failure to maintain and failure to use safety belt. Minor injuries were reported. Estimated damage to truck: $5,000.
• On Tuesday, a pickup truck operated by Henry Hornberg of Marshalltown was southbound in the 2000 mile of Wallace Avenue in a construction zone area. Hornberg approached a pilot vehicle stopped in the southbound lane of the roadway. The pilot vehicle had a “one lane road” sign on the rear bumper. The driver of the pilot car was outside the vehicle standing near the passenger door when Hornberg attempted to go around the pilot vehicle. The driver of the pilot vehicle motioned with both hands for Hornberg to stop and Hornberg subsequently stopped in the northbound lane near the pilot vehicle. Meanwhile, a tractor-trailer operated by Terry John Schulte of Amana was southbound in the 2000 mile of Wallace Avenue when he reported Hornberg suddently stopped in the roadway. Schulte observed the pilot vehicle stopped in the southbound lane and the worker standing in front of the vehicle. Schulte failed to maintain control of his vehicle, colliding with Hornberg’s vehicle, forcing Hornberg into the east ditch. Hornberg was injured and transported to UnityPoint Health-Marshalltown. Schulte was not injured. Schulte was cited for failure to maintain control. Estimated damage to Schulte’s tractor-trailer: $10,000; damage to Hornberg’s truck: $9,000 (totaled).
• On Wednesday, a pickup truck driven by Gustavo Robert Wallen of Albion was southbound on Oaks Avenue attempting to make a right-hand turn onto 165th Street, but lost control and went into the south ditch, rolling the vehicle at least once. No injuries were reported. Estimated damage to truck: $15,000.