Daily Record, Aug. 16, 2017
Marshall County Courthouse
• Arturo Gerardo Ramirez Jr. made an initial appearance on a driving under suspension charge, a interference with official acts charge and a fraudulent use of registration charge. A rocket docket pre-trial conference is scheduled at 9:30 a.m. on Sept. 29 in Magistrate Court. Ramirez is released on his promise to appear.
• Reginald Lee Thomas made an initial appearance on a warrant charging him with contempt of court/non-payment of fines. A hearing will be scheduled in approximately 90 days to check the progress of payments on the fines. Thomas is released on his promise to appear.
• Jessica Rae Stanton made an initial appearance on a theft-third degree charge. The public defender’s office is appointed as counsel. The preliminary hearing is scheduled at 1 p.m. on Sept. 1. Bond will continue as posted until the conclusion of this case.
• Jesse Hernandez made an initial appearance on a failure to appear for sentencing charge, a driving while revoked charge and a registration plate violation charge. Jeff Hazen will continue as counsel for the sentencing hearing which will be rescheduled by the District Associate Court. Bond on this charge is $2,000 cash or surety. The public defender’s office is appointed as counsel for the two driving violations. A preliminary hearing is scheduled at 1 p.m. on Aug. 25. Bond is set at $1,000 cash or surety.
• Andrea C. and Dex R. Walker to Gary K. and Katherine R. Walker, 1106 Westwood Drive
• Rachel L. Jessup, James W. and Rachel L. Viers to Patrick A. Morris, 2139 140th St., Albion
• Laurel Community Convenience Store Inc. to Laurel Fabrication LLC, 103 S. Main St., Laurel
• Onewest Bank to Federal National Mortgage Association, 190 South St., Bangor
• Kenneth R. Eldridge to Kathy L. Borton, 115 S. First St., Rhodes
• Barbara L. and Thomas J. Nodland to Barbara L. and Thomas J. Nodland, 308 N. 16th St.
• Patricia A. and William F. Oetker to Lauren R. and Taylor G. Johnson, 2003 Wardview Road
• All American Properties Coop 12 to All American Property Management LLC, 1705 Fremont St.
• Katherine F. Price to Mark Lee, 204 N. Franklin St., Le Grand
• Dennis R. Dunn Estate to Lisa Anne Witte, 1327 120th St., St. Anthony
• Dennis R. Dunn Estate to Dana L. Dunn, 1429 Eastman Ave., Clemons
• Sally Miller to Linda Henderson Farley and Thomas R. Farley, 206 N. Eighth St.
• Greg and Naida Abernathy to Mario Gomez, 12 S. Seventh St.
Marshalltown Police Department
• On Friday, an unauthorized use of a credit card was reported in the 1000 block of East Anson Street.
• On Saturday, a burglary was reported in the 400 block of North Third Street.
• On Saturday, a theft from a motor vehicle was reported in the 1000 block of Country Club Lane.
• On Monday, there was a theft of a motor vehicle valued at less than $10,000 from the 900 block of Jackson Street.
• On Monday, an incident of vandalism was reported in the 400 block of Union Street with damage estimated between $1,000 and $10,000.
• On Friday, Brett Quigley was arrested contempt of court/violation of a no-contact order.
• On Friday, Alejandro Diaz was arrested for possession of alcohol under the legal age limit.
• On Friday, Michael Bishop was arrested on a warrant.
• On Saturday, Jack Edwards was arrested for assault.
• On Saturday, Rueben Hickman was arrested for criminal mischief-fifth degree and trespass.
• On Sunday, Melissa Fondell was arrested for public intoxication-first offense.
• On Sunday, Vettre Readout was arrested for driving while license is denied, cancelled, revoked or suspended.
• On Sunday, Jason Burns was arrested on a warrant and for possession of drug paraphernalia.
• On Sunday, Nicholas Braye was arrested on a warrant.
• On Sunday, Tysin Hale was arrested for failure to use headlamps when required and driving under suspension.
• On Monday, Zachary Bowers was arrested for operating while under the influence-first offense.
• On Monday, Arturo Ramirez Jr. was arrested for fraudulent use of registration, driving under suspension and interference with official acts.
• On Monday, Jesse Hernandez was arrested for operation without registration, driving while license is denied or revoked and on a warrant.
• On Tuesday, Nathanial Simatovich was arrested for driving a commercial motor vehicle while disqualified.
• On Friday, Aug. 4, a vehicle driven by Cawren Martha Sobotka, of Conrad, was eastbound on Anson Street when it went through a red light and collided with a vehicle driven by Lah Baw Moo, of Marshalltown, which was turning left out of the Hy-Vee parking lot. Sobotka was transported to UnityPoint Health-Marshalltown. Sobotka was cited for failure to obey a traffic control device. Moo was cited for violation of an instruction permit. Damage to the Sobotka vehicle was estimated at $5,000 while the Moo vehicle received an estimated $3,000 in damage.
• On Friday, a pickup driven by Brian Lee Mason, of Clemons, was turning onto North 16th Street from West Main Street making a wide turn when it collided head on with a car driven by Diana Marie Stonewall, of Marshalltown, which was pulling up to the stop sign on North 16th Street. No injuries were reported. Mason was cited for failure to yield half of the roadway. Damage to both vehicles was estimated at $3,000 each.
• On Saturday, a car driven by Brittney Ann Hansen, of Marshalltown, was southbound on North 10th Avenue when the driver blacked out resulting in the Hansen car striking a legally parked Ford Edge head on. Hansen was transported to UnityPoint Health-Marshalltown. Damage to the Hansen car was estimated at $1,500 while the Ford Edge received an estimated $2,000 in damage.
• On Monday, a pickup driven by Julie Jean Pickard, of Rhodes, was northbound on North First Avenue at the intersection with East State Street when it proceeded to turn east onto State Street and collided with a pickup driven by Tracy Truman Rosedale, of Albion, which was traveling east on State Street. No injuries were reported. Pickard was cited for failure to obey a stop sign. Damage to the Rosedale pickup was estimated at $2,000.
• On Tuesday, a pickup driven by Ronald Gene Espe, of Laurel, was southbound on South Center Street when it ran a red light resulting in a collision with a Jeep Cherokee driven by Ross Alden Turbiville, of Marshalltown, which was traveling west on Merle Hibbs Boulevard. No injuries were reported. Espe was cited for failure to obey a traffic control device. Damage to the Espe pickup was estimated at $2,500 while the Turbiville Jeep received an estimated $4,500 in damage.
Marshall County Sheriff
• On Sunday, Jerry Smith was arrested for operating while under the influence.