Daily Record, Aug. 3, 2017
Marshall County Courthouse
• Jinub Dak Reath made an initial appearance on two counts of failure to appear for a plea hearing. Marshon Dubbert will continue as counsel. The written plea is due at the courthouse by 4:30 p.m. on Aug. 7. Reath is released on his promise to appear.
• Ron Alan Roop made an initial appearance on two counts of a probation violation charge. The public defender’s office is appointed as counsel. The probation revocation hearings will be scheduled by the District Associate Court. Bond is set at $17,000 cash only.
• Russell Junior Gentry made an initial appearance on two counts of violation of a no-contact order/contempt of court charge. Jennifer Bonzer is appointed as counsel. The contempt hearing is scheduled at 2 p.m. on Aug. 8. Bond will remain as previously set on his other charges. A new no-contact order has been issued for the protected party.
• Jose Eduardo Rodriguez Lopez made an initial appearance on a reckless driving charge, a driving while barred charge and a stop sign violation charge. The public defender’s office is appointed as counsel. The preliminary hearing is scheduled at 1 p.m. on Aug. 18. Rodriguez Lopez is released on his promise to appear.
• Douglas Eugene Stevenson made an initial appearance on a theft-fifth degree charge. He pleaded guilty and the fine is $65 with a $22.75 surcharge, a $125 law enforcement initiative surcharge for a total of $272.75, plus restitution if applicable.
• Yosief Gebrezghabihir Tsegezeab made an initial appearance on a public intoxication charge. He pleaded not guilty and a pre-trial conference is scheduled at 9:30 a.m. on Sept. 20 in Magistrate Court.
• Devante Vashonne Stewart made an initial appearance on a possession of drug paraphernalia charge. Stewart pleaded guilty and the fine is $65 with a $22.75 surcharge, a $125 law enforcement initiative surcharge, a $10 DARE surcharge and $60 in court costs for a total of $282.75, due within 30 days.
Marshall County Sheriff
• On Monday, there was a report of a burglary of a motor vehicle in the county. This incident remains under investigation.
• On Monday, Eric Michael Seymour was arrested on a warrant.
• On Tuesday, Ronald Alan Roop was arrested on a warrant.
Grundy County Sheriff
• On Monday, July 24, Charles Davis Jr., 36, of Grundy Center, was arrested in Grundy Center on a Grundy County warrant charging him with contempt of court. After serving his sentence, he will be released.
• On Thursday, Joseph Guillen, 23, of Fort Dodge, was arrested by Hamilton County authorities on a Grundy County warrant charging him with probation violation. Guillen is being held on a no bond hold.
• Laura Townsend-Edler, 51, of Gladbrook, was arrested by Polk County authorities on a Grundy County warrant charging her with tampering with records, wanton neglect of health care facility resident and two counts of prohibited act of a controlled substance. She posted bond and was released.
• On Tuesday, July 25, a vehicle driven by Justien Barkhoff, 34, of Grundy Center, was eastbound on 160th Street east of Highway 14 when it struck a deer that entered the roadway. No injuries were reported. Damage to the Barkhoff vehicle was estimated at $5,000.