Daily Record, Sept. 12, 2017
Marshall County Courthouse
• James Jensen to Crystal Heckman
• Gary Malaska to Patricia Terry
• Salvador Tellez Garcia to Rosalva Perez Calderon
• Michelle Babinat to Wade Viers
• Dwanna Hunter to Randy Gale
• Kenneth Poage to Dana Wignall
• Daniel Rios Martinez to Fabiola Carrillo Pina
• Aimee Gethmann to Todd Bolar
• Soe Mu made an initial appearance through a Karen dialect interpreter on a operating while intoxicated-first offense charge, a interference with official acts charge, a speeding charge and a violation of an instruction permit charge. The public defender’s office is appointed as counsel. The preliminary hearing is scheduled at 1 p.m. on Sept. 20. Mu is released on his promise to appear. A substance abuse evaluation is ordered with the results submitted to the court within 60 days.
• McKenzie Rae Highland Alday made an initial appearance on a probation violation charge. The public defender’s office is appointed as counsel. The probation revocation hearing will be scheduled by the Associate District Court. Bond is set at $2,000 cash only.
• Gustavo Alonso Jr. made an initial appearance through a Spanish interpreter on a public intoxication charge. Alonso pleaded guilty and the fine is $65 with a $22.75 surcharge and $60 in court costs for a total of $147.75, due within 30 days.
• Dionte Bryant Trimble made an initial appearance on a disorderly conduct charge. Trimble pleaded guilty and the fine is $65 with a $22.75 surcharge and $60 in court costs for a total of $147.75, due within 30 days.
• Rita Marie Tesar made an initial appearance on a public intoxication charge. Tesar pleaded not guilty and a pre-trial conference is scheduled at 9:30 a.m. on Oct. 25 in Magistrate Court. Tesar was released on her promise to appear.
• Luis Angel Pineda made an initial appearance on a failure to file a written arraignment charge. Marshon Dubbert will continue as counsel. The arraignment hearing is rescheduled at 1 p.m. on Sept. 18. Bond will continue as posted until the conclusion of this case.
Marshalltown Police Department
• On Tuesday, Sept. 5, a minivan driven by Hilda Rochel Angel Melindez, of Marshalltown, was eastbound on East Anson Street stopped at the intersection with South Third Avenue when it attempted a left turn into the path of a vehicle driven by Jorie Katrina Victori Bader, of Marshalltown, which was proceeding west on East Anson Street resulting in a head-on collision. No injuries were reported. Angel Melindez was cited for failure to yield upon left turn and no valid driver’s license. Damage to the Angel Melindez minivan was estimated at $4,000 while the Bader vehicle received an estimated $5,500 in damage.
Marshall County Sheriff
• On Friday, Richard Sweet was arrested for sex offender registry violation-first offense.
• On Saturday, Daniel Vanwaardhuizen was arrested for two counts of violation of probation and for voluntary absence from custody.
• On Saturday, Courtney Byerly was arrested for operating while under the influence-first offense, no insurance and open container.
• On Sunday, McKenzie Alday was arrested for violation of probation.
Grundy County Sheriff
• On Saturday, Sept. 2, Lauren Kopsa, 29, of Waterloo, was arrested on Highway 14 south of Highway 175 and charged with operating while intoxicated-first offense. Kopsa was released on her promise to appear.
• On Sunday, Bryan Stensland, 39, of Traer, was arrested in the Sheriff’s Office and charged with harassment-third degree and stalking. Stensland was released on his promise to appear.
• On Saturday, a car driven by Michael Ackley, 46, of Reinbeck, was exiting his driveway when it struck a Toyota parked on the north side of the street owned by Kent Theesfeld, of Reinbeck. No injuries were reported. Ackley was cited for no insurance and Carrie Theesfeld was cited for a parking violation. Damage to the Theesfeld Toyota was estimated at $2,000.