Daily Record, Nov. 3, 2017
Marshall County Courthouse
• Eric Lamont Wiley made an initial appearance on a robbery-first degree charge and a malicious prosecution charge. Wiley will represent himself before the court on these charges. The preliminary hearing is scheduled at 1 p.m. on Nov. 10. Bond is set at $25,000 cash only.
• Joshua Thomas Warnell made an initial appearance on a sex offender registry violation charge and a parole violation charge. Chris Clauson is appointed as counsel. The preliminary hearing for the sex offender registry violation is set at 1 p.m. on Nov. 10. The parole board will schedule Warnell’s parole revocation hearing. Warnell is being held without bond on the parole violation and has a $5,000 cash or surety bond on the registry violation.
• Jose Fidel Castillo made an initial appearance through a Spanish interpreter on a driving under suspension charge, a no valid driver’s license charge and a speeding charge. A rocket docket pre-trial conference is scheduled at 9:30 a.m. on Nov. 8 in Magistrate Court. Bond is set at $300 cash or surety. Castillo is being retained on an Immigration and Customs Enforcement hold.
• Marcelo Verdinez-Garcia made an initial appearance on a contempt charge-failure to appear for a child support hearing. Jeff Hazen is appointed as counsel. Bond is set at $2,000 cash only. The contempt hearing will be scheduled by the District Court.
• Zachary Aaron Shutt made an initial appearance on a theft-fifth degree charge. Shutt pleaded guilty and the fine is $65 with a $22.75 surcharge, a $125 law enforcement initiative surcharge and $60 in court costs for a total of $272.75, due within 30 days.
Marshalltown Police Department
• On Wednesday, Amber Shoaf, 24, was arrested for driving while license is denied, cancelled, revoked or suspended.
Marshall County Sheriff
• On Wednesday, Jose Castillo, 29, was arrested for driving under suspension, speeding and no valid driver’s license.
• On Wednesday, Oscar Yepez, 30, was arrested for fraudulent practice-first offense.