Daily Record, Dec. 22, 2017
Marshall County Courthouse
• Martin Leon-Morales made an initial appearance on a possession of a Schedule II controlled substance with the intent to deliver or manufacture – methamphetamine charge and a drug tax stamp violation charge. The public defender’s office is appointed as counsel. The preliminary hearing is scheduled at 1 p.m. on Dec. 29. Bond is set at $100,000 cash only. Upon release, Leon-Morales will have 60 days to obtain a substance abuse evaluation and submit it to the court.
• Austin Peter Bair made an initial appearance on an unlawful possession of prescription drugs charge, an unauthorized use of a credit card charge, a possession of a controlled substance-second offense-meth charge, a burglary-third degree charge, a burglary-second degree charge, a theft-fifth degree charge and a possession of drug paraphernalia charge. The public defender’s office is appointed as counsel. The preliminary hearing is scheduled at 1 p.m. on Dec. 29. Bond is set at $10,000 cash or surety. Within 10 days following release, the court ordered Bair be photographed and fingerprinted in connection with this case at the Marshalltown Police Department. Also ordered after release is a substance abuse evaluation which is to be completed and submitted to the court within 60 days of release.
• Blaze Ryan Krough made an initial appearance on a theft-fifth degree charge. Krough pleaded guilty to the charge. The judge accepted the guilty plea and issued a deferred judgment in this case. The conditions are that Krough obey all laws, pay a civil penalty of $65 with court costs of $60 for a total of $125, due within 90 days and that he pay restitution, if applicable. If all conditions are accomplished, after a year’s period of time Krough may petition the court to have this charge expunged from his record.
• Refugio Gonzalez made an initial appearance through counsel, Chad Frese, on a failure to appear for a pre-trial conference charge. The pre-trial conference is rescheduled at 1:30 p.m. on Jan. 12, 2018, with a jury trial at 9 a.m. on Jan. 8, 2018.
• Mike Bryan Jr. and Taryn Shepard to Robert C. Burr, 110 N. 13th St.
• Eldon Mattingly, the Estate of Eldon Mattingly and Emanuel Eldon Mattingly to Brian Mattingly and Lois Zakerolhosseini, 308 S. Seventh Ave.
• Robert W. and Stacy Bane to Aaron P. and Jessica L. Perry, 2519 Durham Ave., State Center
• Elizabeth A. and Steven Poock to Garry and Terri J. Rottink, 1304 Emerald Drive
• Dale V. Martin to Dale V. Martin Trust, Dale V. Martin Trustee, 1215, 1222 and 1153 Glick Ave., Union
• James A. and Suzann K. Stern to July Htoo and Ba Blu Moo, 1213 Fremont St.
Marshalltown Police Department
• On Wednesday, a theft was reported to the Marshalltown Police Department.
• On Wednesday, a case of criminal mischief was reported in the 2800 block of Marion Street.
• On Wednesday, Manuel Andrade Castro, 34, was arrested for driving under suspension.
• On Thursday, James Davis, 32, was arrested on a warrant from another county.
• On Tuesday, Dec. 19, a car driven by Judith Elizabeth Vry, 73, of Encinitas, Calif., was northbound on South Second Street at the intersection with Nicholas Drive when it proceeded forward and broadsided a car driven by Blake Allen Aswegan, 24, of Albion. Aswegan complained of head pain, but refused medical treatment. Damage to the Vry car was estimated at $5,000 while the Aswegan car received an estimated $3,000 on damage.
Marshall County Sheriff
• On Wednesday, Stephanie Marie Manning, 31, was arrested on a warrant.
• On Wednesday, Martin Leon-Morales, 36, was arrested for possession of methamphetamine with the intent to deliver or manufacture and a drug tax stamp violation.
State Center Police Department
• Robert Buerckley, rural State Center, was arrested for operating while intoxicated, open container of alcohol in a motor vehicle and unlawfully carrying a loaded handgun.
• Heather Davis of State Center was arrested for fifth-degree theft.
• Eric Oehlsen of State Center was arrested on a warrant and for operating while under the influence (first offense).