Daily Record, Dec. 29, 2017
Marshall County Courthouse
• Christina M. Oetker made an initial appearance on two warrants charging her with failure to appear for a sentencing hearing in two separate cases. Christian Stickrod will continue as counsel. The sentencing hearing will be rescheduled by the District Associate Court. Oetker’s next court date is a bond forfeiture hearing at 9 a.m. on Jan. 2, 2018. Bond is set at $2,000 cash or surety.
• Donald Leroy Roughton made an initial appearance on a operating while intoxicated-second offense charge. Roughton will hire his own counsel. The preliminary hearing is scheduled at 1 p.m. on Jan. 17, 2018. Roughton is released on his promise to appear. A substance abuse evaluation is ordered with the results submitted to the court within 60 days.
Marshalltown Police Department
• On Monday, a report of two counts of burglary from a motor vehicle was reported in the 10 block of 18th Avenue.
• On Monday, a theft-first degree was reported in the 3000 block of South Center Street.
• On Tuesday, an incident of trespass-no damage was reported in the 100 block of South Third Avenue.
• On Monday, Adam Paul Thomas, 29, was cited for failure to obey a stop or yield sign.
• On Wednesday, Angel Pena, 33, was arrested for theft-third degree-enhanced.
• On Thursday, Donald Roughton, 57, was arrested for operating while intoxicated-second offense.
Marshall County Sheriff
• On Wednesday, Christina Oetker, 27, was arrested on two warrants charging her with failure to appear for a sentencing hearing.
• On Wednesday, Dec. 20, a vehicle driven by Megan Raye Juarez, 36, of Gilman, was southbound on Highway 146 when a deer entered the roadway and was struck knocking it into the northbound lanes. A car drivven by Nichole Kay Holden, 41, of Marshalltown, came over the hill traveling north and ran over the same deer. No injuries were reported. Damage to the Juarez vehicle was estimated at $1,500 while the Holden car received an estimated $2,000 in damage.
• On Thursday, Dec. 21, a vehicle driven by Meredith Annette Hibbs, 46, of Haverhill, was northbound on Highway 330 when it struck a deer that entered the roadway. No injuries were reported. Damage to the Hibbs vehicle was estimated at $5,000.
• On Sunday, Dec. 24, a car driven by Creedance Duncan, 27, of Tama, was eastbound on 240th Street when the driver lost control due to slick conditions and entered the south ditch sustaining damage to the front bumper. No injuries were reported. Damage to the Duncan car was estimated at $2,000.
Grundy County Sheriff
• On Thursday, Dec. 7, Cody Izer, 21, of Iowa Falls, was arrested at the Sheriff’s office when he turned himself in on a charge of probation violation. Izer is being held on a no bond hold.
• On Wednesday, Dec. 13, Jason Burroughs, 41, of Grundy Center, was arrested in Grundy Center and charged with violation of a no contact order. Burroughs was released on his promise to appear.
• On Monday, Dec. 18, Anthony Brandt, 24, of Holland, was arrested at the Grundy County Sheriff’s Office and charged with driving while barred, driving while revoked and unlawful passing of a school bus. Brandt was released on his promise to appear.
• On Tuesday, Dec. 19, Colleen Stansbery, 43, of Dike, was arrested at her home and charged with domestic abuse assault. Stansbery was released on her promise to appear.