Daily Record, Dec. 8, 2017
Marshall County Courthouse
• Rean Allen Webb, of Garwin, made an initial appearance on a theft-second degree charge. The public defender’s office is appointed as counsel. The preliminary hearing is scheduled at 1 p.m. on Dec. 15. Bond is set at $5,000 cash or surety.
• Omar Sanchez made an initial appearance on a driving while barred-habitual offender charge and a driving under suspension charge. Darrell Meyer is appointed as counsel. The preliminary hearing is scheduled at 1 p.m on Dec. 27. Sanchez is released on his promise to appear.
• Abel Enriquez made an initial appearance on a warrant charging him with driving while barred-habitual offender, speeding and no insurance. Merrill Swartz is appointed as counsel. The preliminary hearing is scheduled at 1 p.m. on Dec. 27. Enriquez is released on his promise to appear.
Marshalltown Police Department
• On Wednesday, a case of forgery and theft was reported to the Marshalltown Police Department.
• On Wednesday, Omar Sanchez, 23, was arrested for driving while barred and driving under suspension.
• On Wednesday, Rean Webb, 22, was arrested for theft-second degree.
• On Wednesday, Dec. 6, a car driven by Barbara Anne Miller, 85, of Marshalltown, was eastbound in the 300 block of West South Street when it moved over to the side of the road as it met an oncoming vehicle at which time it struck the trailer attached to an illegally parked pickup. No injuries were reported. Damage to the Miller car was estimated at $2,000 while the trailer sustained an estimated $500 in damage.
Marshall County Sheriff
• On Wednesday, Dec. 6, Brandi Ford, 40, was arrested for possession of a controlled substance-third or subsequent offense, unlawful possession of prescription drugs, driving under suspension, no valid driver’s license and no insurance.
• On Wednesday, Dec. 6, Jamie Lopez, 29, was arrested for driving while license is suspended or revoked, no valid driver’s license and operation without registration.