Daily Record, Jan. 24, 2018
Marshall County Courthouse
• Andrew Allen Hilleman made an initial appearance on a driving while barred charge, a operating while intoxicated-first offense charge, a possession of drug paraphernalia charge, a no valid driver’s license charge and a driving under suspension charge. The public defender’s office is appointed as counsel. The preliminary hearing is scheduled at 1 p.m. on Feb. 2. Bond is set at $2,000 cash only. A substance abuse evaluation is ordered with the results submitted to the court within 60 days.
• Cole Jon Wrage made an initial appearance on a parole violation charge. Darrell Meyer is appointed as counsel. The parole revocation hearing will be scheduled by the parole board and an administrative court judge. Wrage is being held without bond.
• Matthew Barber made an initial appearance on a violation of a no-contact order/contempt of court charge. Merrill Swartz is appointed as counsel. The contempt hearing is at 9:30 a.m. on Feb. 2 in Magistrate Court. Barber is released on his promise to appear. A new no-contact order has been issued for the protected party.
• Mary Lou Daniel made an initial appearance on a pre-trial release violation charge. Marshon Dubbert will continue as counsel. Pre-trial release is revoked and the bond of $5,000 cash or surety reinstated.
• Jennifer Lee Ross made an initial appearance on a failure to appear for a contempt hearing charge. Darrell Meyer will continue as counsel. The contempt hearing will be rescheduled by the District Court. Bond is set at $500 cash only.
• Clarence Thede made an initial appearance on a failure to appear for a contempt hearing on unpaid fines charge. The contempt hearing is rescheduled at 10:30 a.m. on March 2 in District Associate Court. Thede is released on his promise to appear.
Marshalltown Police Department
• On Monday, a theft valued between $200-$500 was reported in the 1100 block of Highland Acres Road.
• On Monday, a theft of a motor vehicle was reported to the Marshalltown Police Department.
• On Monday, Matthew Barber, 37, was arrested for contempt of court/violation of a no-contact order.
• On Tuesday, Andrew Hilleman, 26, was arrested for driving a commercial motor vehicle while disqualified, no valid commercial driver’s license, driving while barred-habitual offender and operating while under the influence.
• On Tuesday, Douglas Tuttle, 40, was arrested for driving while barred.
• On Tuesday, Jan. 23, a vehicle driven by Mollie Maxine McLain, 18, of Marshalltown, was at the stop sign on Riverside Street at the juncture with North Center Street when it proceeded forward colliding with the passenger side rear door on a car driven by Carl Franklin Bragg, 19, of Marshalltown. No injuries were reported. McLain was cited for failure to yield upon entering a through highway. Damage to the McLain vehicle was estimated at $800 while the Bragg car received an estimated $1,800 in damage.
• On Monday, Jan. 22, a pickup driven by Leroy Allen Nell, 54, of Le Grand, was eastbound on Iowa Avenue when it went through a red light and collided with a pickup driven by Richard Albert Westcott, 59, of Marshalltown, causing it to spin around, and then continued forward colliding with a pickup driven by Rusty Wayne Aman, 54, of Laurel, which was stopped for the red light. No injuries were reported. Nell was cited for failure to obey a traffic control device. Damage to the Nell and Aman pickups were estimated at $6,000 each while the Westcott pickup received an estimated $5,000 in damage.
• On Saturday, Jan. 20, a vehicle driven by Margaret Ann Bowman, 87, of Marshalltown, was northbound on the Frontage Road stopped at the intersection with Merle Hibbs Boulevard when it proceeded forward into the path of a car driven by Daniel Silva, 23, of Marshalltown, resulting in a collision. No injuries were reported. Bowman was cited for failure to obey a stop sign and yield the right of way. Damage to the Bowman vehicle was estimated at $2,000 while the Silva car received an estimated $8,000 in damage.
• On Tuesday, Jan. 16, a vehicle driven by Natalie Irene Moreno, 18, of Marshalltown, was westbound on East Olive Street when it attempted to stop for the red light and began sliding in the snow and ice covered road colliding with the rear of a vehicle driven by Lonnie Jo Lingo, 58, of Marshalltown. No injuries were reported. Damage to the Lingo vehicle was estimated at $300 while the Moreno vehicle received an estimated $2,000 in damage.