Daily Record, Jan. 26, 2018
Marshall County Courthouse
• Mark Nathan Hoover made an initial appearance on a domestic abuse assault-second offense and two counts of domestic abuse assault-impeding flow of blood or air. Jeff Hazen is appointed as counsel. The preliminary hearing is scheduled at 1 p.m. on Feb. 2. Bond is set at $5,000 cash only. A no-contact order has been issued for the protected party.
• Adam Nathaniel O’Clair, of Conrad, made an initial appearance on a operation without the owner’s consent charge. Chris Clausen is appointed as counsel. The preliminary hearing is scheduled at 1 p.m. on Feb. 14. O’Clair is released on his promise to appear.
• Robert Buerckley made an initial appearance on a failure to appear for an arraignment hearing charge. Christian Stickrod has been hired as counsel. The arraignment hearing is rescheduled for 9 a.m. on Feb. 1. Buerckley is released on his promise to appear.
• Kaw Khu made an initial appearance through a Karen interpreter on a probation violation charge. Jennifer Bonzer is appointed as counsel. The probation revocation hearing will be scheduled by the District Associate Court. Bond is set at $300 cash or surety. Khu is under an Immigration and Customs Enforcement hold.
• 104 CVL LLC to James C. and Rachel A. Palmer, 104 College View Lane
• The Estate of Davette June Anderson to Darwin and Lisa Dirks, 3008 Nelson Road
• Lamport & Wright Marshalltown Inc. to Carolyn L. and Kenneth W. Anderson, 620 Ratcliffe Drive
• Elizabeth A. and Larry E. Bowman to Abra L. Huffaker, 422 E. Washington St., Rhodes
Marshalltown Police Department
• On Thursday, Jan. 25, a theft occurred in the 400 block of East Southridge Road.
• On Wednesday, Jan. 24, a theft was reported in the 400 block of West Church Street.
• On Thursday, Jan. 25, Mark Hoover, 38, was arrested for domestic abuse assault-impeding the flow of air or blood.
• On Wednesday, Jan. 24, Alexandria Shadden, 20, was arrested for possession of drug paraphernalia.
• On Wednesday, Jan. 24, Susan Brafford, 45, was arrested for theft-third degree-bad check.
• On Wednesday, a vehicle driven by Nancy Lu Kremer, 67, of Marshalltown, was exiting a parking spot when the accelerator stuck and it collided with a legally parked Ford Escape pushing it into the landscaping. No injuries were reported. Damage to the Ford Escape was estimated at $10,000 while the Kremer vehicle received an estimated $1,500 in damage.
Marshall County Sheriff
• On Wednesday, Cynthia Biridiana Rueda, 21, was arrested for reckless driving and possession of drug paraphernalia.
• On Wednesday, Santino Deng John Aher, 36, was arrested on a warrant.
• On Wednesday, Adam Nathaniel O’Clair, 33, was arrested for theft-fifth degree and operating a motor vehicle without the owner’s consent.
• On Wednesday, , Susan Marie Brafford, 45, was arrested on a warrant.