Daily Record, Jan. 4, 2018
Marshall County Courthouse
• Marissa D. Nelson made an initial appearance on a probation violation charge. The public defender’s office is appointed as counsel. The probation revocation hearing is scheduled at 1 p.m. on Jan. 19. Bond is set at $1,000 cash or surety.
Marshalltown Police Department
• On Monday, Jan. 1, Mang Min Sang, 36, was cited for open container and improper use of median, curb or access facility.
• On Tuesday, Marissa Nelson, 25, was arrested on a warrant.
• On Tuesday, Dec. 26, a car driven by Jeremy Patrick Morris, 37, of Marshalltown, was eastbound on West Main Street approaching 13th Street when it went through the red light and collided with a Jeep driven by Kelsey Kay Ambler-Harmon, 25, of Marshalltown. No injuries were reported. Morris was cited for no insurance-accident and failure to obey a traffic control device. Damage to the Morris car was estimated at $3,000 while the Ambler-Harmon vehicle received an estimated $8,000 in damage.• On Saturday, Dec. 30, a vehicle driven by Gregory Allen Benscoter, 67, of Marshalltown, was eastbound on Iowa Avenue when it ran a red light and collided with a car driven by Esther Ruth Buffalo, 77, of Tama. No injuries were reported. Benscoter was cited for failure to obey a traffic control device and operation without registration. Damage to the Benscoter vehicle was estimated at $500 while the Buffalo car received an estimated $3,000 in damage.
• On Wednesday, Dec. 27, a vehicle driven by Joseph Berry Paul, 43, of Bradenton, Fla., was southbound on Clinton Street nearing the intersection with West Olive Street when due to the snowy conditions it went pass the stop sign and struck a pole across West Olive. No injuries were reported. Damage to the Paul vehicle was estimated at $5,000 while the pole received an estimated $200 in damage.
• On Thursday, Dec. 28, a truck driven by Samson Sium Berhe, 42, of Des Moines, was southbound on South Third Avenue in the outside lane when the driver attempted a left turn colliding with the passenger side of a vehicle driven by Andrew Duane Nickell, 54, of Ankeny. No injuries were reported. Damage to the Berhe truck was estimated at $1,000 while the Nickell vehicle received an estimated $2,500 in damage.
• On Friday, Dec. 29, a car driven by Leanne Maria Weber-Shively, 51, of Marshalltown, was westbound on East Southridge Road, too fast for the conditions, when it passed the stop sign at the intersection with South Third Avenue and broadsided a pickup driven by Lee Lia, 19, of Marshalltown. No injuries were reported. Damage to the Weber-Shively car was estimated at $1,500 while the Lia pickup received an estimated $500 in damage.
• On Friday, Dec. 29, a car driven by Anthony Lee Oxley, 57, of Rhodes, was northbound on 18th Avenue behind a snowplow driven by Ramon Ortega, 43, of Marshalltown. Oxley tried to pass the snowplow and collided with the wing of the plow which was down. No injuries were reported. Damage to the Oxley car was estimated at $4,000 while the Ortega snowplow sustained an estimated $400 in damage.
• On Friday, Dec. 29, a car driven by Aaron Allan Weiss, 42, of Marshalltown, was westbound in the 600 block of West Main Street when the driver turned left and then came back right to turn into a private driveway. A pickup with a snow blade on it driven by Robert William Meling, 39, of Marshalltown, attempted to pass on the right resulting in a collision with the blade and the passenger side as Weiss turned by right. No injuries were reported. Damage to the Weiss car was estimated at $1,500.
• On Saturday, Dec. 30, a pickup driven by Kyle Joseph Schaper, 18, of State Center, was plowing the driveway at Supershine Carwash and as it backed up a pickup driven by Victor Manuel Cisneros Bravo, 51, of Marshalltown, entered the driveway from Iowa Avenue and the Schaper pickup backed into it. No injuries were reported. Damage to the Schaper pickup was estimated at $500 while the Cisneros Bravo pickup received an estimated $2,000 in damage.
• On Saturday, Dec. 30, a van driven by Kris Ryan Veatch, 45, of Des Moines, was northbound on South Third Avenue attempting a left turn when it collided head on with a vehicle driven by Ruach Pal Jioklow, 36, of Marshalltown. No injuries were reported. Veatch was cited for failure to yield upon a left turn and Jioklow was cited for no insurance-accident. Damage to both vehicles was estimated at $2,000 each.
• On Saturday, Dec. 30, an unknown vehicle was eastbound on East South Street when it went out of control striking a mailbox and an alternate parking sign. Damage to the mailbox and the parking sign was estimated at $150 each.