Daily Record, January 10, 2018
Marshalltown Police Department
• On Friday, a leaving the scene of an accident with injuries was reported in the 1000 block of Iowa Avenue West.
• On Friday, a theft from a motor vehicle was reported in the 400 block of North Third Street.
• On Friday, a theft valued at under $200 was reported to the Marshalltown Police Department.
• On Friday, a theft valued at less than $200 was reported in the 300 block of South Second Street.
• On Friday, a hit and run accident was reported in the 1500 block of Marion Street.
• On Friday, a theft-shoplifting was reported 300 block of South Third Avenue.
• On Friday, a case of vandalism valued between $500-$1,000 was reported in the 400 block of South Third Street.
• On Sunday, a theft from a motor vehicle was reported in the 10 block of South Sixth Avenue.
• On Sunday, a burglary was reported in the 700 block of North Fourth Avenue.
• On Saturday, Guillermo Alejandro Arana, 29, was cited for no insurance.
• On Friday, Norberto Saucedo-Velasco, 22, was arrested for violation of a no-contact order-contempt of court, child endangerment-no injury, interference with official acts and criminal mischief-fifth degree.
• On Friday, Katherine Silva, 25, was arrested for child endangerment-no injury and interference with official acts.
• On Friday, Natasha Kelderman, 26, was arrested for open container and operating while under the influence-second offense.
• On Friday, Daesha Underhill, 19, was arrested for theft-fifth degree-shoplifting.
• On Friday, Mark Hoover, 38, was arrested for sex offender registry violation-first offense.
• On Saturday, Brian Starkey, 45, was arrested on a warrant.
• On Saturday, Guillermo Arana, 26, was arrested for driving while license is denied, cancelled, revoked or suspended.
• On Saturday, Charles Pirtle Jr., 33, was arrested for possession of drug paraphernalia, possession of marijuana-third or subsequent offense and on a warrant.
• On Saturday, Rafael Ramirez-Cardenas, 28, was arrested for possession of methamphetamine-first offense and possession of drug paraphernalia.
• On Saturday, Andres Saucedo, 19, was arrested for possession of marijuana-first offense, possession of meth-first offense and driving under suspension.
• On Sunday, William Rowton, 33, was arrested for theft-second degree-theft of a motor vehicle.
• On Sunday, Brandon Becker, 29, was arrested for domestic abuse assault-impeding the flow of air or blood causing bodily injury.
• On Sunday, Justin Sabus, 25, was arrested on a warrant.
• On Monday, Jesse Shockley, 35, was arrested for accessory to a misdemeanor.
• On Monday, Kerri Underhill, 42, was arrested on a warrant and for interference with official acts-inflicts serious injury/displays weapon.
• On Thursday, Dec. 27, a car driven by Nancy Abigail Avila, 26, was northbound on South Third Avenue with its right turn signal active. a car driven by a 17-year-old female from Marshalltown was westbound on East Boone Street assuming the Avila car was turning right and proceeded into the intersection where the two units collided. No injuries were reported. Avila was cited for driving under suspension. Damage to both units was estimated at $1,000 each.
• On Wednesday, Jan. 2, a car driven by Melisa Fonseca-Gomez, 21, of Marshalltown, was exiting a private driveway when it collided with a vehicle driven by Michael Hahn, 47, of Marshalltown, which was westbound on Larkfield Court. No injuries were reported. Fonseca-Gomez was cited for unsafe entry onto sidewalk or roadway. Damage to the Fonseca-Gomez car was estimated at $1,000 while the Hahn vehicle received an estimated $2,000 in damage.
Marshall County Sheriff
• On Wednesday, a theft was reported in Albion to the Marshall County Sheriff’s Office.
• On Friday, Christopher Ronald Rix, 30, was arrested on a warrant.
• On Friday, Natalie Jean Purdy, 19, was arrested on a warrant.
• On Friday, Benjamin Christopher Hansen, 45, was arrested on a warrant.
• On Saturday, William Rowton, 33, was arrested on a warrant charging him with theft of a motor vehicle.
• On Sunday, Shawna Cox, 43, was arrested for operating without the owner’s consent and driving under suspension.
• On Sunday, Jesse Little, 38, was arrested for violation of probation.
• On Friday, Dec. 29, a car driven by Abut Kuku, 39, of Des Moines, was northbound on Highway 330 when the vehicle lost traction and slide off the roadway to the left striking the bridge guardrail which bounced in back onto the roadway where it came to rest on the right side of the bridge. No injuries were reported. The KuKu car received an estimated $9,000 in damage while the guardrail received damage estimated at $5,000.