Daily Record, Feb. 2, 2018
Marshall County Courthouse
• Crystal Cardona made an initial appearance on an unlawful possession of prescription drugs charge, a false identity information charge and a possession of drug paraphernalia charge. The public defender’s office is appointed as counsel. The preliminary hearing is scheduled at 1 p.m. on Feb. 9. Bond is set at $1,000 cash or surety. Upon release Cardona will have 60 days to obtain a substance abuse evaluation and submit the results to the court.
Cardona was also seen on a failure to appear for a sentencing hearing in an unlawful possession of prescription drug case. Aaron Seibrecht will continue as counsel. The sentencing hearing will be rescheduled by the District Associate Court. The bond is $25,000 cash or surety.
The final charge Cardona appeared for was a failure to appear for sentencing on a controlled substance violation, two counts of failure to affix a drug tax stamp, a possession of a controlled substance-first offense and and a possession of marijuana-first offense case. Siebrecht will continue as counsel. The sentencing hearing will be rescheduled by the District Court. Bond is set at $250,000 cash or surety.
• Joshua Riedle made an initial appearance on a warrant charging him with possession of drug paraphernalia, a no valid driver’s license and a possession of methamphetamine-first offense. Darrell Meyer is appointed as counsel. The preliminary hearing is scheduled at 1 p.m. on Feb. 21. Riedle is released on his promise to appear. A substance abuse evaluation is ordered with the results submitted to the court within 60 days.
• Naing Win Aung and Su Hlaing Hnin to Naing Win Aung and Su Hlaing Hnin, 402 N. Second St.
• Rosemary R. and Stephen A. Lipovac to Jerry D. and Patricia K. Waltemeyer, 207 Second Ave. SE, State Center
• Donald D. Anderson to Donald D. Anderson Trust, Donald D. Anderson Trustee, 4 W. Boone St., 330 S.Third Ave., 207 Market St., 811, 812 and 815 E. Main St., 1502-1520 S. Sixth St., 2964 204th St., 328 S. Third Ave., 309 S. Fourth Ave., 1602 S. Sixth St., and 608 E. Olive St. #102
• The Estate of SAndra M. STrand to Edgar A. Rebelo Ventura, 919 S. 12th Ave.
• Arlo J. and Norma J. Boucher to Holly A. Harvey, 110 Marion St.
• Ivan Piedra Canizales, Marshall County Sheriff, Midland Funding LLC and Ana Piedra to Mr Cooper and Nationstar Mortgage LLC, 1210 W. Anson St.
• Jessica E. and Troy M. Airey to Shawna R. Brooks, 2508 Knollway Drive
• Fannie Mae and Federal National Mortgage Association to Jesse Lee Ryan, 206 N. 14th St.
Marshalltown Police Department
• On Wednesday, an operation without the owner’s consent was reported in the 400 block of East Boone Street.
• On Wednesday, a theft was reported to the Marshalltown Police Department.
• On Wednesday, Crystal Cardona, 29, was arrested for possession of drug paraphernalia, providing false identification, for unlawful possession of prescription drugs and on a warrant.
• On Wednesday, Brian Alday, 29, was arrested for driving under suspension.
• On Wednesday, Rafael Ramirez-Cardenas, 28, was arrested for theft-third degree, forgery, theft-second degree and forgery.
• On Wednesday, Diego Murillo, 20, was arrested for possession of drug paraphernalia.
• On Wednesday, Jason Wunsch, 31, was arrested for driving under suspension.
• On Wednesday, Marshall Hooper, 26, was arrested on warrants.
• On Thursday, Jordan Thompson, 28, was arrested for driving under suspension.
• On Monday, a car driven by Sarai Romero Hernandez, 22, of Marshalltown, was northbound on Campbell Drive when it left the traveled portion of the roadway striking a utility pole and a tree before coming to rest. According to the police officer’s report, Hernandez was intoxicated and transported to UnityPoint Health-Marshalltown. Hernandez was cited for failure to use or maintain safety belts and failure to maintain control. The Hernandez car was totaled while the utility pole received an estimated $5,000 in damage.
Marshall County Sheriff
• On Wednesday, Larz Sean Christopher McIntosh, 19, was arrested on a warrant.
• On Wednesday, Rafael Ramirez-Cardenas, 28, was arrested on a warrant.
• On Wednesday, Kristopher Ryan Doepp, 38, was arrested on a warrant.
Grundy County Sheriff
• On Tuesday, Jan. 9, Justin Redix, 37, was arrested at the Sheriff’s Office and charged with possession of a controlled substance and possession of drug paraphernalia. Redix is released on his promise to appear.• On Monday, Jan. 29, Zachary Purdy, 25, of La Porte City, was arrested by the La Porte City Police Department on a Grundy County warrant charging him with violation of a no-contact order. Purdy posted bond and was released.
• On Friday, Jan. 12, Jason Burroughs, 41, of Traer, was arrested in Grundy Center and charged with violation of a no-contact order. Burroughs posted bond and was released.
• On Monday, Jan. 15, Peggy Rohach, 53, of Conrad, was arrested in Hardin County where she turned herself in on two Grundy County warrants charging her with contempt of court. She is being held until the time is served on those charges.
• On Wednesday, Jan. 17, Dylan Hoffert, 19, of Grundy Center, was arrested in Grundy Center for carrying weapons. Hoffert is being held in lieu of bond.
• On Thursday, Jan. 25, Richard Sweet Jr., 42, was arrested in Beaman and charged with operating while intoxicated-first offense. Sweet is released on his promise to appear.
• On Saturday, Jan. 27, Becky Malnar, 34, of Conrad, was arrested in Conrad on a warrant from California for violation of probation. Malnar is being held awaiting extradition to California.