Daily Record, Feb. 28, 2018
Marshall County Courthouse
• Robert Charles Van Dee made an initial appearance on a threat of terrorism charge. Darrell Meyer is appointed as counsel. The preliminary hearing is scheduled at 1 p.m. on March 5. Bond is set at $5,000 cash only.
• Joshua Wayne Riedle made an initial appearance on a theft-fifth degree charge and a possession of drug paraphernalia charge. Riedle pleaded guilty to both charges and the fines are $65 with a $22.75 surcharge, a $125 law enforcement initiative surcharge and $60 in court costs for a total of $272.75 plus $1 in restitution on the theft charge, due within 30 days.
• Tracie Alma Rene McFarland made an initial appearance on a pre-trial release violation charge. Marshon Dubbert is appointed as counsel. Pre-trial release is revoked and a $5,000 cash only bond is reinstated.
• Robert Louis Fite Jr. made an initial appearance on a parole violation charge and an animal neglect-resulting in death charge. Jeff Hazen is appointed as counsel. The preliminary hearing on the animal neglect charge is scheduled at 1 p.m. on March 7. Bond is set at $1,000 cash only. The parole revocation hearing will be scheduled by an administrative court judge and the parole board. Fite is being held without bond pending his parole revocation hearing.
• Joel Eddie Alvarez made an initial appearance on a probation violation charge. Christian Stickrod is appointed as counsel. A pre-trial conference is scheduled at 9:30 a.m. on March 23. Alvarez is released on his promise to appear.
• Joann M. Daters Trust, Joann M. Daters Trustee and Richard Daters Trust to Joann M. Daters, 2745 Gerhart Ave., Melbourne
• Bonnie L. Chester to Mary L. Lake, 119 S. 10th St.
• Max E. Nelson, Max E. Nelson Sr. to John A. Blabaum, 108 and 110 W. Main St.
• The Estate Of Jerome A. Lansing to Diane Berkey, 1412 Greenfield Drive
• Brice Bagnall, Darrell Bagnall, Desmen Bagnall, Diego Firestone to Angie and Wyatt Manship, 409 and 504 W. Church St.
• Timothy Lee Schneider to Dimsan Cing, Sian K. Mang and Cin Khan Zo, 407 Terry Terrace
• Jean E. and Richard M. Stonewall to Stonewall Family Trust, Jean E. and Richard M. Stonewall Trustees, 3003 Nelson Road
• The Secretary of Housing & Urban Affairs to Aung Aung and Dah Paw, 802 E. State St.
• Daisy M. Guard Thompson to Tony Blut and Moo Doh Paw, 1007 S. 11th Ave.
• Richard A. Ploeger to Amanda L. and Johnny J. Fox, 2305 New Salem Road
• Delece Weltzin vs. Jerod Stewart Frost
Marshalltown Police Department
• On Monday, nine cases of vandalism were reported in the 200 block of North Ninth Street with damage valued between $1,000 – $10,000.
Marshall County Sheriff
• On Monday, Robert Charles Vandee, 33, was arrested for threat of terrorism.
• On Monday, Tracie Alma Rene McFarland, 32, was arrested on a warrant.
• On Tuesday, a car driven by Hollis Lyle Elliott Anderson, 30, of Grinnell, was southbound on Highway 146 when the car went out of control due to partially ice and slush covered road surface condition resulting in the car leaving the roadway, driving through the west ditch and a fence into a privately owned pasture. In an attempt to leave the the pasture, the Anderson car did extensive damage to the ground. No injuries were reported. Anderson was cited for failure to maintain control. Damage to the Anderson car and the fence, fence posts and pasture were estimated at $2,500 each.• On Wednesday, Feb. 21, a vehicle driven by Libby Leona Ferguson, 29, of Beaman, was northbound on Zeller Avenue when it went out of control, driver over-corrected resulting in the the vehicle crossing over the southbound lane, entering the west ditch and rolling over before striking a utility pole and coming to rest on all four tires. Ferguson and a male infant were transported to Grinnell Regional Medical Center. Ferguson was cited for no insurance-accident and failure to maintain control. Damage to the Ferguson vehicle was estimated at $4,500.
• On Wednesday, a car driven by Lwin Htoo Khaing Kyaw, 47, of Marshalltown, was westbound on Highway 30 when the car begin to swerve leaving the roadway on the right side and the driver over-corrected losing control as it re-entered the road resulting in it crossing the westbound lanes, median and eastbound lanes where it entered the eastbound south ditch and ended it travel. No injuries were reported. Kyaw was cited for use of electronic communication device, as a video was still playing when the troopers arrived on scene. Damage to the Kyaw car was estimated at $6,000.