Daily Record, Feb. 7, 2018
Marshall County Courthouse
• Lorrie Ann Bartlett, of Laurel, made an initial appearance on a violation of a no-contact order/contempt of court charge. Jeff Hazen is appointed as counsel. The contempt hearing is scheduled at 9:30 a.m. on Feb. 19 in Magistrate Court. Bartlett is released on her promise to appear. A new no-contact order has been issued for the protected party.
• Hannah Renee Garcia made an initial appearance on a public intoxication charge. Garcia pleaded guilty and the fine is $65 with a $22.75 surcharge and $60 in court costs for a total of $147.75, due within 30 days.
• Mina Youngbear made an initial appearance on a simple domestic abuse assault charge. Breanna Nelson is appointed as counsel. A pre-trial conference is scheduled at 9:30 a.m. on March 7 in Magistrate Court. Youngbear is released on her promise to appear. A no-contact order has been issued for the protected party.
• Jordan Foreman made an initial appearance on a possession of methamphetamine-third or subsequent offense charge and a driving under suspension charge. The public defender’s office is appointed as counsel. The preliminary hearing is scheduled at 1 p.m. on Feb. 23. Foreman is released with supervision through the Department of Correctional Services and is to report to the adult probation office within 48 hours to sign a pre-trial release agreement. A substance abuse evaluation is ordered with the results submitted to the court within 60 days.
• The Estate of Stanley M. Iverson to Brad D. Iverson, 2603C 130th St.
• Steven J. Robinson to Debra J. VanGundy, Debra J. Robinson, 1320 W. Linn St.
• Diane Rae McLeland to Dennis Ray McLeland, 1065 Oxford Ave., Liscomb
• Orton Homes LLC to Andrea L. and Richard A. Jordan, 2349 Odessa Drive
• Robert J. Backoff to Tim Counts, 1409 W. Linn St.
• Julio and Patricia Gonzalez to Brenda Fuentes and Edgar Padilla, 206 Pine St.
Marshalltown Police Department
• On Monday, a burglary was reported in the 300 block of North 13th Avenue.
• On Tuesday, a hit and run incident was reported in the 1400 block of South First Street.
• On Tuesday, Hannah Lovejoy, 21, was arrested for public intoxication-first offense.
• On Tuesday, Jan. 23, a vehicle driven by Andrew Allen Hilleman, 26, of Marshalltown, was driving in the 500 block of North Third Street when he backed into a garage. According to the accident report Hilleman was suspected to be under the influence. Damage to the garage was estimated at $2,000.
• On Monday, Feb. 5, an accident was reported at a parking lot in the southeast corner of Marion Street and 10th Avenue. Damage to the car driven by a 17-year-old female was estimated at $3,000. The pickup driven by Richard William Morden, 45, of Clemons, was reportedly uninsured.
• On Monday, Feb. 5, a bus driven by Kathy Jean Holtry, 58, of Gladbrook, was traveling in the 900 block of east Marion Street when it collided with the rear of a minivan driven by Terry Joe Ritter, 55, of Marshalltown, which was stopped for a non-contact vehicle making a turn. No injuries were reported. Damage to both vehicles was estimated at $1,000 each.
• On Tuesday, Feb. 6, an unknown driver and vehicle did head-on hit and run damage to a Lincoln Aviator while parked on South First Street. Damage to the Lincoln was estimated at $2,500.
Marshall County Sheriff
• On Monday, Renae Mason, 42, was arrested for driving while barred, driving under suspension and no valid drive’s license.
• On Friday, Feb. 2, a panel truck driven by Thomas Dean Ball, 80, of Gilbert, was was on the Highway 30 westbound exit ramp to Highway 330 when it proceeded forward colliding with a cr driven by Ali Raza, 32, of Marshalltown, sending the car spinning approximately 300 feet north of the intersection. Raza complained of shoulder pain and was transported to UnityPoint Health-Marshalltown. Ball was cited for failure to obey a stop sign and yield the right of way. Damage to both vehicles was estimated at $5,000 each.