Daily Record, Wednesday, Mar. 14, 2018
Marshall County Courthouse
• Macey Betts made an initial appearance on a parole violation charge. Breanna Nelson is appointed as counsel. The parole revocation hearing will be scheduled by the administrative law judge and the parole board. Betts is being held without bond.
• John Henry Franzen made an initial appearance on a escape charge. The public defender’s office is appointed as counsel. The preliminary hearing is scheduled at 1 p.m. on March 23. Bond is set at $5,000 cash only.
• Pedro Cesar Lopez Rivera made an initial appearance through a Spanish interpreter on a driving while revoked charge, a no insurance charge, a speeding charge, a no valid driver’s license charge and a failure to file S-R 22 insurance charge. The public defender’s office is appointed as counsel. The preliminary hearing is scheduled at 1 p.m. on March 23. Bond is set at $1,000 cash or surety. Lopez Rivera is being held for Immigration and Customs Enforcement.
• Mathew Jay Cook, of Haverhill, made an initial appearance on a violation of a no-contact order/contempt of court charge and a disorderly conduct charge. Merrill Swartz is appointed counsel for the contempt charge. The contempt hearing is scheduled at 9:30 a.m. on March 23 in Magistrate Court. Cook is released on his promise to appear. A new no-contact order has been issued for the protected party.
Cook pleaded guilty to the disorderly conduct charge and the fine is $65 with a $22.75 surcharge and $60 in court costs for a total of $147.75, due within 30 days.
• Lucile E. Hof to Byron W. and Renee M. Hof, 2664 182nd St.
• Fonda M. Womack, Fonda M. Womack Revocable Trust, Paul N. Womack, Paul Womack Revocable Trust to Edward J. Miller, 2196 Marshalltown Blvd.
• Eh Galu Joseph and Naw M. Phaw to Marshalltown Company, 807 E. Main St.
• The Estate of Lillian Zene Taylor to Eh Galu Joseph and Naw Mu Mu Phaw, 1714 S. Fourth St.
• Craig L. Balcom to Alfredo Gonzalez, 822 N. Third Ave.
• Charles A. and Joann M. Butcher to Arlis J. and Julie M. Mann, 403 E. South St., Albion
• Green Fish Inc. to Adam and Tiffany Stuart, 303 S. Webster St., Le Grand
• Adam and Tiffany Stuart to Leslie C. Krough, 303 S. Webster St., Le Grand
• Grant O. Schnathorst to Rebeca Mendoza Lara, 602 NewCastle Road
• The Estate of Jean K. Cooper to Maung Har and Khin Mya, 107 S. Eighth St.
Marshalltown Police Department
• On Monday, John Franzen, 29, was arrested on a warrant.
• On Tuesday, Tina Tobo, 26, was arrested for driving under suspension.
• On Thursday, March 8, a pickup driven by Luis Fernando Mendoza Perez, 20, of Marshalltown, was found in a bean field at the intersection of 18th Avenue and Burns Road with pieces of the truck littered throughout the field, the driver still in the truck and the truck heavily damaged. Mendoza Perez was transported to UnityPoint Health-Marshalltown. Damage to the Mendoza Perez pickup was estimated at $25,000 while the bean field damage was estimated at $500.
• On Friday, March 9, a car driven by Julie Ann Swalwell, 56, of Newton, was driving through a parking lot at 2500 S. Center Street when a car driven by Jennifer Ann Oneal, 43, of Marshalltown, exited a parking spot and collided with the passenger side rear quarter panel. No injuries were reported. Damage to the Swalwell car was estimated at $1,000 while the Oneal car received an estimated $2,000 in damage.
• On Saturday, March 10, a pickup driven by Alfredo Martinez-Cruz, 48, of Tama, was pulling into a parking spot at Theisen’s when it collided with a legally parked Ford Focus. No injuries were reported. Martinez-Cruz was cited for no insurance-accident. Damage to the Martinez-Cruz pickup was estimated at $200 while the Ford Focus received an estimated $2,000 in damage.
Marshall County Sheriff
• On Monday, Pedro Lopez Rivera, 23, was arrested for failure to maintain a reasonable or proper speed, no insurance, no valid driver’s license and driving while license is denied or revoked.
• On Monday, Macey Betts, 24, was arrested for violation of parole.