Daily Record, April 11, 2018
Marshall County Sheriff
• On Monday, Blayn Donald Clabaugh, 24, was arrested for improper use of lanes, driving under suspension and operating while under the influence-second offense.
• On Sunday, April 1, a car driven by Megan Ann Rucker, 24, of Urbandale, was southbound on Marsh Avenue when it collided with the rear of a vehicle driven by Scott Paul Stephenson, 41, of Gladbrook, which was stopped at the stop sign. No injuries were reported. Rucker was cited for no insurance and failure to stop in the assured, clear distance. Damage to the Rucker car was estimated at $1,000 while the Stephenson vehicle received an estimated $600 in damage.
• On Wednesday, April 4, a vehicle driven by Mary Anne Fitzgerald, 62, of Marshalltown, was southbound on South Center Street when the driver became distracted and initiated a left turn in front of a vehicle driven by Larry Gene Beck, 76, of Gilman, resulting in a collision. No injuries were reported. Fitzgerald was cited for failure to yield on a left turn. Damage to the Fitzgerald vehicle was estimated at $3,000 while the Beck vehicle received an estimated $4,000 in damage.
• On Friday, April 6, a vehicle driven by Victor Arquis Garcia, 20, of Tama, was eluding Meskwaki Nation Police when it went out of control crashing into 211 W. Strait St., Gilman, and as it continued westbound it crashed into the northeast corner of the shed before coming to rest. No injuries were reported. Garcia was cited for failure to maintain control and no insurance. Damage to the Garcia vehicle was estimated at $10,000 while a flagpole received $1,200 in damage; a cattle fence, $150 in damage; a machine shed, $30,000; a grain truck box, $5,000; a riding mower, $900; a chicken plucker, $150 and a chicken scalder, $400 in damage.• On Saturday, April 7, a car driven by Bryan Kenneth Smith Jr., 27, of Des Moines, was northbound on Highway 330 when it struck a deer that entered the roadway. No injuries were reported. Damage to the Smith car was estimated at $8,000.
• On Sunday, April 8, a pickup pulling a trailer driven by Michael Paul Nicolay, 23, of Oelwein, was southbound on Highway 14 when it hit an icy area on the roadway and went into the east ditch, spun 180 degrees and then hit a raised area where it came to a stop. No injuries were reported. Damage to the Nicolay pickup received an estimated $7,000 in damage.
• On Monday, April 9, a vehicle driven by Samantha Rae Jacobson, 24, of State Center, was southbound on First Avenue South when, in an attempt to stop at the stop sign, it slid into the intersection and collided with a vehicle driven by Melanie Jean Johnston, 56, of Marshalltown. No injuries were reported. Jacobson was cited for failure to maintain control. Damage to the Jacobson vehicle was estimated at $300 while the Johnston vehicle received an estimated $1,400 in damage.
Marshalltown Police Department
• On Monday, Terry Brown, 55, was arrested for interference with official acts, dangerous weapon: assault with intent of injury peace officer/others, false imprisonment and disorderly conduct.
• On Monday, Jade Ikebe, 22, was arrested for failure to use a child restraint device and driving under suspension.
Grundy County Sheriff
• On Friday, Shane Sharp, 38, of Grundy Center, was arrested at the Sheriff’s Office and charged with domestic abuse assault-second offense. Sharp posted bond and was released.
• On Saturday, Mark Spicer, 23, of Cedar Rapids, was arrested by Delaware County authorities on a Grundy County warrant charging him with three counts of forgery and three counts of identity theft. Spicer posted bond and was released.
• On Monday, Jason Cory, 38, of Grundy Center, was arrested on a Grundy County mittimus warrant. Cory will serve his sentence and then be released.
• On Monday, Jason Burroughs, 41, of Traer, was arrested in the Sheriff’s Office and charged with violation of a no-contact order. Burroughs was released by the courts.
• On Monday, Jessica Burroughs, 39, of Grundy Center, was arrested in the Sheriff’s Office and charged with violation of a no-contact order. She was released by the courts.