Daily Record, April 25, 2018
Marshall County Courthouse
• Oren Dean Roorda made an initial appearance on a extradition request from the State of Missouri. Christian Stickrod was appointed as counsel. The extradition hearing will be scheduled by the District Associate Court. Roorda is being held without bond.
• Kristen Renee Hernandez made an initial appearance on a warrant charging her with failure to appear for a pre-trial conference. Aron Vaughn will continue as counsel. The pre-trial conference will be rescheduled by the District Associate Court. Bond is set at $2,000 cash or surety.
• Rafael Ramirez Cardenas made an initial appearance on two counts of a driving while barred charge, a window violation charge, a no registration card charge, a possession of drug paraphernalia charge and a no insurance charge. Cardenas will hire Christian Stickrod as counsel. The preliminary hearing is scheduled at 1 p.m. on May 14. Cardenas is released on his promise to appear.
• Jesus Alonzo Corona made an initial appearance on a possession of marijuana-second offense charge, a possession of drug paraphernalia charge and a speeding charge. The preliminary hearing is scheduled at 1 p.m. on May 14. Corona is released on his promise to appear. A substance abuse evaluation is ordered with the results submitted to the court within 60 days.
• Trent Lewis Taylor made an initial appearance on a driving while barred charge, a driving under suspension charge, a no valid driver’s license charge and a light device violation charge. The public defender’s office is appointed as counsel. The preliminary hearing is scheduled at 1 p.m. on May 14. Bond will continue as posted until the conclusion of this case.
• April Jean Valladares, of Des Moines, made an initial appearance on a probation violation charge. The public defender’s office is appointed as counsel. The probation revocation hearing is scheduled at 9:30 a.m. on May 23 in Magistrate Court. Valladares is released on her promise to appear.
• George R. and Judith A. Stone to Alec J. Gansemer, 1808 Prairie Ave.
• Janette Marie and Robert Glenn Oetker to Aung Myint and Ni R Za, 202 S. 16th Ave.
• MTM Ventures LLC to Extended Stay Inn of Marshalltown LLC, 1108 Iowa Ave. W.
• Anthony B. Waldron to Jessica L. Marks and Richard E. Marks III, 313 N. 16th St.
• EBBO Eastern Management LLC to Edgar Property Investment LLC, 210 Harmony Drive
• Mark Williams to Cody Rodemeyer, 811 S. 12th Ave.
Marshalltown Police Department
• On Monday, Joshua Forrester, 28, was arrested for theft-fifth degree-shoplifting.
• On Monday, Everardo Castellano-Martinez, 36, was arrested for driving under suspension.
• On Monday, Jesus Alonzo Corona, 19, was arrested for speeding, possession of drug paraphernalia and possession of marijuana-second offense.
• On Monday, Rafael Ramirez-Cardenas, 29, was arrested for possession of drug paraphernalia, windshield and window requirements, operation without registration, no insurance, driving while barred and on a warrant.
• On Monday, , a car driven by Josue Jiovanni Ortiz, 30, of Marshalltown, was fleeing the scene of an area where an assault had taken place heading south on Fifth Avenue when it failed to the turn and drove straight into a driveway striking a legally parked SUV and sending it into a legally parked Dodge pickup. The driver fled on foot from the accident. No injuries were reported. Ortiz was located and charged with operating while intoxicated, no insurance-accident and numerous traffic violations. Damage to the Ortiz car was estimated at $8,000 while the SUV received an estimated $5,000 in damage and the Dodge pickup an estimated $1,000 in damage.