Daily Record, May 15, 2018
Marshall County Courthouse
• Madyson Nevaeh Bastidas made an initial appearance on a failure to stop in the assured, clear distance charge. Bastidas pleaded guilty and the fine is $65 with a $22.75 surcharge and $60 in court costs for a total of $147.75.
• Michael Henry Braye made an initial appearance on a reckless driving charge and a unsafe passing charge. Braye pleaded guilty to both charges. On the reckless driving charge, the fine is $65 with a $22.75 surcharge and $60 in court costs for a total of $147.75. The fine on the unsafe passing is $100 with a $35 surcharge and $60 in court costs for a total of $195. All payments are due within 30 days.
• Carl Nelson Porter made an initial appearance on a driving while barred charge. A preliminary hearing is scheduled at 1 p.m. on June 1.
• Vincent Dewayne Ankton made an initial appearance on a failure to appear for a pre-trial conference on a driving under suspension charge and a theft-fifth degree charge. On the driving under suspension charge Ankton pleaded guilty and the fine is $250 with a $87.50 surcharge and $60 in court costs for a total of $397.50, due within 30 days. On the theft charge, Aron Vaughn will continue as counsel and the pre-trial conference is rescheduled for 9:30 a.m. on June 6 in Magistrate Court.
• Tatum Diane Cacek made an initial appearance on a possession of a controlled substance charge and a theft-fifth degree charge. The public defender’s office is appointed as counsel. The preliminary hearing is scheduled at 1 p.m. on June 1. Cacek is released on her promise to appear. A substance abuse evaluation is ordered with the results submitted to the court within 60 days.
• Lansana Mohr made an initial appearance on a operation without registration charge. Mohr pleaded not guilty and a pre-trial conference is scheduled at 9:30 a.m. on June 13 in Magistrate Court.
• Dah Paw to Aung Aung
• Denisse Acosta Cabrera to Fernando Mendoza Lopez
• Yan Win to Nandar Win
• Mindy Price to Jason McDonnell
• Rita Frederick to Joel Beane
• Jade Musgrave to Steven Eash
• The Estate of Shirley R. Lawthers to Kathy L. Abeling, Dean E. Lawthers and Michael E. Lawthers, 1411 S. Center St.
• Gregorio Torres Jr. to Maritza Torres, 924 S. Sixth Ave., 542 N. Third St., and 305 Friendly Drive
• The Estate of Marie Robertson to Deanna L. Adams, Kristine M. Navara, Jennifer A. Robertson Lacey and Paul L. Robertson, 3161 Green Castle Road, Gilman
• Barry and Renee Sedlacek to Sinthia Anguiano Luna and Jose Guido Fuentes, 1408 S. First St.
• Wanda P. Reece to Deanna L. and Henry J. Seiler, 2353 165th St., Albion
• Norman D. and Shirley M. Egli to Aaron L. and Angela C. Dickey, 2308 S. Eighth St.
• Mary Lou Daniel to Raymond Lee Daniel and Steven Eugene Daniel, 305 S. Second St.
• Capital One Bank, Dana M. Fenner, Marshall County Sheriff, Dana M. Vajgrt, Elizabeth A. Vajgrt Estate to Fannie Mae and Federal National Mortgage Association, 306 N. Third St.
• Alan and Joann Kouba to Adam J. and Erin L. Williams and Trust #L, 510 Grandview Drive
• Douglas J. Boyd Trust, Gayle G. Boyd Revocable Trust to Kelli and Wade Johnson, 411 Braeburn Lane and 708 N. Fourth St.
Marshalltown Police Department
• On Friday, a theft from a motor vehicle was reported to the Marshalltown Police Department.
• On Friday, a hit and run accident was reported in the 300 block of South Fifth Street.
• On Sunday, a theft from a motor vehicle was reported to the Marshalltown Police Department.
• On Friday, Sifredo Gomez, 26, was arrested for assault use/display of a weapon.
• On Friday, Emilio Hernandez, 24, was arrested for domestic abuse assault-serious, domestic abuse assault-first offense and child endangerment.
• On Friday, Ivan Rodriguez Jimenez, 26, was arrested on a warrant.
• On Friday, Marquis Haynes, 18, was arrested on a warrant.
• On Friday, Cecilio Pina-Fernandez, 25, was arrested for possession of drug paraphernalia.
• On Friday, Sierra Witte, 19, was arrested for possession of drug paraphernalia.
• On Friday, Jessica Akeens, 40, was arrested for disorderly conduct.
• On Friday, Juan Sandoval, 35, was arrested for failure to maintain control, driving under suspension and operating while under the influence-first offense.
• On Friday, Jamar Sims, 23, was arrested on a warrant.
• On Saturday, Carl Porter, 44, was arrested for driving while barred.
• On Saturday, Kelly Anthony, 39, was arrested on a warrant from another county.
• On Saturday, Jacqueline Chavarria-Gonzalez, 21, was arrested for domestic abuse assault causing bodily injury/mental illness.
• On Saturday, Abraham Ngor 55, was arrested for public intoxication-first offense.
• On Sunday, Marissa Nelson, 25, was arrested for driving while barred.
• On Sunday, Rafael Ramirez Cardenas, 29, was arrested for providing false identification information and on a warrant.
• On Sunday, Justice Thompson, 20, was arrested for driving under suspension.
• On Sunday, Jacob Gorsuch, 18, was arrested for domestic abuse assault-first offense.
• On Sunday, Logan Baccam, 18, was arrested for assault.
• On Sunday, , Ruac Chotkuac, 26, was arrested for open container-passenger.
• On Sunday, Jonte Donelson, 20, was arrested on a warrant.
• On Sunday, Jonathan Davis, 63, was arrested for theft-third degree-enhanced.
• On Monday, Oscar Ceniceros, 22, was arrested for speeding and driving under suspension.
• On Saturday, April 28, a minivan driven by Mariah Elizabeth Perry, 25, of Marshalltown, was exiting a parking spot in a lot on South 15th Avenue when it struck the rear of a legally parked Mitsubishi. No injuries were reported. Perry was cited for no insurance. Damage to the Perry minivan was estimated at $500 while the Mitsubishi received an estimated $1,200 in damage.
• On Tuesday, May 8, a pickup driven by Jose A. Hernandez, 71, of Marshalltown, was northbound on South Fourth Street stopped at the intersection with West Madison Street when one of the drivers in a long line of vehicles waiting their turn at South Third Street motioned Hernandez to proceed. Hernandez view was blocked by the other vehicles but proceeded forward into the path of a car driven by Allison Rebecca Barloon, 26, of Bondurant, resulting in a collision. No injuries were reported. Damage to the Hernandez pickup was estimated at $100 while the Barloon car received an estimated $6,000 in damage.
• On Thursday, May 10, a silver vehicle was northbound on South Sixth Street stopped at a red light and then proceeded forward striking two pedestrians and then fled the scene.
• On Friday, May 11, a car driven by Juan Sandoval, 35, of Marshalltown, was driving in the 900 block of Turner Street when it turned and crashed into a building and then left the scene. Witnesses description of the vehicle and driving along with other evidence led the police to Sandoval. Sandoval was cited for failure to maintain control. Damage to the Sandoval car was estimated at $1,800 while the building received an estimated $20,000 in damage.
Marshall County Sheriff
• On Friday, Juan Carlos Gonzales, 33, was arrested on a warrant.
• On Friday, Ryan Heath Chaplin, 37, was arrested on a warrant.
• On Saturday, Nickie Ray Chaplin, 33, was arrested on a warrant.