Daily Record, May 23, 2018
Marshall County Courthouse
• Gina Kiris Anthony made an initial appearance on a driving while barred charge, a no seat belt charge and a no insurance charge. The public defender’s office is appointed as counsel. The preliminary hearing is scheduled at 1 p.m. on May 31. Bond is set at $2,000 cash or surety.
• Jonathan Maurice Allen made an initial appearance on a driving while barred charge, a driving under suspension charge and a fraudulent use of registration charge. The public defender’s office is appointed as counsel. The preliminary hearing is scheduled at 1 p.m. on June 11. Allen was released on his promise to appear.
• Tanna Rochelle Leaf, of State Center, made an initial appearance on a driving under suspension charge, a operation without registration charge and a no insurance charge. A rocket docket pre-trial conference is scheduled at 9:30 a.m. on June 29 in Magistrate Court. Leaf was released on her promise to appear.
• Luis Angel Rodriguez Garcia made an initial appearance on a possession of methamphetamine charge, a possession of marijuana-first offense charge and a possession of drug paraphernalia charge. The public defender’s office is appointed as counsel. The preliminary hearing is scheduled at 1 p.m. on June 11. Rodriguez Garcia was released on his promise to appear. A substance abuse evaluation is ordered with the results submitted to the court within 60 days.
• Alan and Sarah Cakerice to Ryan Johnson, 504 Butler St., Melbourne
• The Estate of Bruce G. Devick to Theresa M. Hays, 220 W. Ferner St.
Marshalltown Police Department
• On Sunday, a pickup driven by Scott Andrew Hanson, 39, of Iowa City, was making a wide turn into a driveway to the south of Madison Street when a pickup driven by Adam Robert Clawson, 29, of Marshalltown, assumed Hanson was making a left turn and started passing on the right side to only have the Hanson pickup turn right resulting in a collision. No injuries were reported. Damage to both vehicles was estimated at $2,000 each.
Marshall County Sheriff
• On Monday, Jonathan Allen, 49, was arrested for improper use of registration, driving under suspension and driving while barred.
• On Monday, Blake Eric Taylor, 20, was arrested on a warrant from another county.
Grundy County Sheriff
• On Tuesday, a pickup driven by Andrew Matson, 29, of Parkersburg, was southbound on Highway 57 making a left turn in curve in the road and a straight truck driven by Dennis Miller, 57, of Janesville, was westbound on Highway 57 going straight toward T-55 when the two vehicles collided in the eastbound lane of Highway 57. Matson was transported to Allen Hospital with multiple injuries while Miller went to a local doctor for minor injuries. Damage to the Matson pickup was estimated at $1,500 while the Miller straight truck received an estimated $15,000 in damage. The accident remains under investigation by the Grundy County Sheriff’s Office.