Daily Record, Wednesday, May 9, 2018
Marshall County Courthouse
• Robert Daniel Needs made an initial appearance on a public intoxication charge. Needs pleaded guilty and the fine is $65 with a $22.75 surcharge and $60 in court costs for a total of $147.75, due within 30 days.
• Orton Homes LLC to Maurice K. Dunn, 305 Fifth St. SE, State Center
• Larry A. and Sharon Kay Stowe to Natalie Erickson, Larry A. Stowe and Sharon Kay Stowe, Life Estates, 206 First St. Dunbar
• Julie K. Nuehring Van Beek, Julie K. Van Beek to Julie K. Nuehring Van Beek, Julie K. and Thomas Van Beek, 2504 Starry Grove Road
• Capital One Bank, Marshall County Sheriff, Members 1st Community Credit Union, Midland Funding LLC and Traci Rae Wright to Federal National Mortgage Association, 615 Lee St.
• Capital One Bank, Alfonso Dorado, Alfonso Dorodo Hurtado, Marshall County Sheriff, Midland Funding LLC and Portfolio Recovery Association LLC to Ditech Financial LLC, 412 Union St.
• Marshall County Sheriff and Mal S. Sanga to US Bank, 805 Woodbury St.
• Eh Ner Mu, Aphichat Ragapan and Zaw Soe to Chay Chay and Dah Noh, 2011 Skyline Drive
Marshalltown Police Department
• On Monday, an identity theft incident was reported to the Marshalltown Police Department.
• On Tuesday, a case of vandalism to property was reported in the 800 block of South Sixth Street.
• On Tuesday, Robert Needs, 41, was arrested for public intoxication-first offense.
• On Tuesday, Shannon Pallares, 35, was arrested for driving under suspension.
• On Monday, Angela Cox, 55, was arrested for driving while license is denied, cancelled, revoked or suspended.
• On Saturday, a vehicle driven by Miguel Angel Gutierrez, 22, of Marshalltown, was eastbound on Iowa Avenue West when it collided with the rear of a car driven by Bianca Lesly Ruiz Ruano, 23, of Marshalltown. No injuries were reported. Gutierrez was cited for failure to maintain control. Damage to the Gutierrez vehicle was estimated at $200 while the Ruiz Ruano car received an estimated $2,500 in damage.
• On Sunday, a minivan driven by Ywa Hay Htoo, 43, of Marshalltown, was eastbound on Anson Street when it failed to yield from a stop sign and collided with a minivan driven by Ana Isabel Saldana Ibarra, 23, of Marshalltown, which was traveling north on 12th Avenue. No injuries were reported. Htoo was cited for failure to obey a stop sign and yield the right of way. Damage to both vehicles was estimated at $2,000 each.
• On Sunday, a vehicle driven by Charles Martin Pope, 71, of Marshalltown, was westbound in the 900 block of East Anson Street when it struck the rear of a legally parked Nissan pushing it up onto the curb. Pope complained of a stiff neck and his knees hurting. Pope was cited for failure to maintain control. Damage to the Pope vehicle was estimated at $10,000 while the Nissan received an estimated $7,000 in damage.
Marshall County Sheriff
• On Friday, a case of criminal mischief and theft was reported to the Marshall County Sheriff’s Office.
• On Monday, April 23, a motorcycle driven by Lansana Moriba Mohr, 22, of Marshalltown, was eastbound on Highway 30 when it attempted to slow down for a vehicle ahead of him resulting in the motorcycle losing traction. Mohr laid the motorcycle down sliding off into a bridge guardrail and throwing the driver off. Mohr was transported to UnityPoint Health-Marshalltown by a family member. Mohr was cited for operating without registration. Damage to the Mohr motorcycle was estimated at $2,000.
• On Monday, April 30, a motorcycle driven by Troy Jason McDonald, 47, of Eldora, was eastbound on 160th Street when a white tractor with a yellow gravel trailer turned left in front of him resulting in McDonald laying down his bike in the ditch. No injuries were reported. Damage to the McDonald motorcycle was estimated at $600.
• On Friday, May 4, a pickup driven by Larry Dean Brittenham, 51, of Garwin, was westbound on Highway 30 when he sustained a tire blowout resulting in the pickup entering the right ditch and colliding with an Iowa Department of Transportation sign. No injuries were reported. Damage to the Brittenham pickup was estimated at $5,000 while the sign received an estimated $2,000 in damage.
• On Sunday, May 6, a car driven by Raymond Joseph Willson, 30, of Marshalltown, was southbound on Wallace Avenue when the car locked up and left the roadway driving into a yard on Vine Avenue and striking a parked car pushing it into a tree. No injuries were reported. Willson was cited for failure to maintain control. Damage to both vehicles was estimated at $5,000 each while the tree received an estimated $1,000 in damage.
Grundy County Sheriff
• On Tuesday, May 1, Nicole Tamminga, 29, of Eldora, was arrested at the Sheriff’s Office and charged with violation of a no-contact order. Tamminga was released.
• On Tuesday, May 1, Zachary Anderson, 30, of Reinbeck, was arrested at the Sheriff’s Office and charged with violation of a no-contact order. Anderson also was released.
• On Thursday, May 3, Lucas Hobbs, 31, of Vinton, was arrested by Benton County authorities on a Grundy County warrant charging him with theft-third degree. Hobbs posted bond and was released.