Daily Record, July 18, 2018
Marshall County Courthouse
• Marshall Freeman Hooper made an initial appearance on a probation violation charge. Christian Stickrod is appointed as counsel. The probation revocation hearing will be scheduled by the District Associate Court. Hooper is being held without bond.
• Logan Andrew Calkin made an initial appearance on a warrant charging him with violation of a no-contact order/contempt of court and on a new charge of possession of alcohol under the legal age limit. The public defender’s office is appointed as counsel. Calkin pleaded guilty to the alcohol possession charge and the fine is $200 with a $70 surcharge and $60 in court costs for a total of $330, due within 30 days. The contempt hearing is scheduled at 1 p.m. on July 30. Calkin is released with supervision through the Department of Correctional Services and is to report to the adult probation office within 48 hours to sign a pre-trial release agreement. A new no-contact order has been issued for the protected party.
• Brett Gene Daughtrey made an initial appearance on a failure to appear for a pre-trial conference charge. Christian Stickrod will continue as counsel. The pre-trial conference is rescheduled at 1:30 p.m. on Aug. 10. Daughtrey is released on his promise to appear.
• Tesa Lynn Nichol made an initial appearance on a theft-fifth degree charge. Nichol pleaded guilty and the fine is $65 with a $22.75 surcharge, a $125 law enforcement initiative surcharge and $60 in court costs for a total of $272.75, due within 30 days.
• Mary Anne Moody made an initial appearance on a public intoxication charge. Moody pleaded guilty and the fine is $65 with a $22.75 surcharge and $60 in court costs for a total of $147.75, due within 30 days.
• Michael Raymond Ulch made an initial appearance on a no proof of vaccination charge. Ulch pleaded guilty and the fine is $65 with a $22.75 surcharge and $60 in court costs for a total of $147.75, due within 30 days.
• Larry H. and Mary Wegner to Larry’s Towing Tire & Lock Inc., 909 N. Third Ave.
• Secretary of Housing & Urban Development to Devin W. and Michelle J. Schiebel, 510 Clinton St., Liscomb
• Ranae Gray, Ranae Kelly to David Kelly, 715 Washington St.
• Jennifer Santiago Estrada to Adriana and Jose Angel Regalado, 206 W. Madison St.
• Heather and Joseph Dean Ashby to Quest IRA Inc. FBO Lucus Shelton IRA No. 2448911, 104 E. Lincoln St.
• Adelheid C. and Howard W. Ernst to Marshall County Iowa, 1962 Sanford Ave.
• Ericka R. Bell, Ericka R. and Brian K. Pickard to Gabriel J. and Shawn E. Goodrich, 402 Main St., Melbourne
• Jerold D. and Kathy J. Bulanek to Bulanek Family Revocable Living Trust, Jerold Dale Bulanek and Kathy Jeanne Bulanek, Trustees, 22 Edgeland Drive
• Kelli M. and Wade G. Johnson to David Hart and Alberta Solis, 601 W. Main St.
• US Bank to Stephen Lippincott, 805 Woodbury St.
• Green Fish Inc. to Nevzije and Nevzija Dzeladini, 908 W. Main St., Le Grand
• Apolinar Alvarado Ramirez to Eduardo Corona Torrez and Fabiola Duran Hernandez, 1006 W. Nevada St.
Marshalltown Police Department
• On Monday, a burglary was reported in the 400 block of West State Street.
• On Monday, Marshall Hooper, 26, was arrested for violation of probation.
• On Monday, Michael Davis, 48, was arrested for possession of a controlled substance-third or subsequent offense and possession of drug paraphernalia.
• On Monday, Annissa Robinson, 41, was arrested for driving under suspension and driving while barred-habitual offender.
• On Monday, Logan Calkins, 19, was arrested for possession of alcohol under the legal age limit and violation of a no-contact order/contempt of court.
• On Tuesday, Travis Jordan, 45, was arrested for driving under suspension and no insurance.
• On Tuesday, Tesa Nichol, 23, was arrested on a warrant.
• On Saturday, a homemade go-cart driven by Juan Raul Valez, 24, of Marshalltown, was southbound on North 13th Avenue when the steering failed and it collided with the rear of a car driven by David Andrade, 18, of Marshalltown, which had pulled to the side to let the go-cart pass. Valez was transported to UnityPoint Health-Marshalltown with injuries. Valez was cited for operation of a non-registered vehicle and no insurance-accident. Damage to the Valez go-cart was estimated at $500 while the Andrade car received an estimated $1,500 in damage.
• On Saturday, a car driven by Ali Sue Reese, 23, of Gladbrook, was northbound on South 12th Avenue when, due to a brake failure, it collided with the rear of a car driven by William Everett Beem, 79, of Marshalltown, which was stopped awaiting traffic to clear for a left turn. No injuries were reported. Reese was cited for failure to stop in the assured, clear distance. Damage to the Reese car was estimated at $1,000 while the Beem car received an estimated $2,000 in damage.
• On Sunday, a pickup driven by Ralph Michael Raggio, 65, of Marshalltown, was northbound on Second Avenue approaching Lincoln Street when he went through the stop sign and collided with a car driven by Yoan Mauricio Lara Moreno, 30, of Marshalltown, which was westbound on Lincoln Street. No injuries were reported. Raggio was cited for failure to obey a stop sign and yield the right of way. Damage to the Raggio pickup was estimated at $4,000 while the Lara Moreno car received an estimated $8,000 in damage.
Marshall County Sheriff
• On Monday, Hal Charles Runner, 57, was arrested for robbery-third degree.
• On Monday, Jonathan Richard Hazell, 53, was arrested on a warrant.