Daily Record, July 28, 2018
Marshall County Courthouse
• Martin Medina Cervantes made an initial appearance on a possession of marijuana-first offense charge, a speeding charge and a driving under suspension charge. Jeff Hazen is appointed as counsel. The preliminary hearing is scheduled at 1 p.m. on Aug. 13. Medina Cervantes is released on his promise to appear. A substance abuse evaluation is ordered with the results submitted to the court within 60 days.
• Jeremiah Vansice made an initial appearance on a warrant charging him with failure to appear for a jury trial. A jury trial is rescheduled for 9 a.m. on Aug. 16 with the pre-trial conference rescheduled at 1:30 p.m. on Aug. 10. Bond is set at $1,000 cash only.
Marshalltown Police Department
• On Thursday, July 26, a case of vandalism to property with damage valued between $1,000-$10,000 was reported in the 600 block of West Madison Street.
• On Thursday, July 26, a theft estimated more than $200, but less than $500 was reported in the 100 block of West Main Street.
• On Thursday, July 26, Hannah Allison, 40, was arrested for child endangerment and domestic abuse assault-injury or mental illness-first offense.
Marshall County Sheriff
• On Thursday, July 26, Carl Eugene Bartell, 35, was arrested for conspiring intent to manufacture or deliver methamphetamine more than five grams, under five kilograms.
• On Thursday, July 26, Jeremiah Vansice, 40, was arrested on a warrant.
Marshalltown Fire Department
• The Marshalltown Fire Department responded to an authorized controlled burning at 1207 E. Boone St., a smoke detector activation-no fire-unintentional at 406 Summit St., a HazMat release investigation-with no HazMat at 1301 Summit St., a dispatched/cancelled en route to 5 N. Seventh Ave., a rescue, EMS incident at 403 Union St., an EMS call, excluding vehicle accident with injury at 203 W. Madison St., a carbon monoxide detector activation due to malfunction at 302 N. Fourth Ave., and 10 medical assists with the EMS crew to: 2605 S. Center St., 8 N. Seventh Ave., 209 S. Fifth Ave., 307 S. Second St., 507 Dennis Drive, 1702 S. Seventh Ave., North Fourth Avenue and Linnwood, 108 Washington St., 408 Springfield Drive and 705 Union St.
• The Marshalltown Fire Department responded to an assist police or other government agency at 909 Summit St., a building fire at 7 S. Sixth St., two EMS calls, excluding vehicle accident with injury at 510 Woodbury St., and 108 Washington St., a motor vehicle/pedestrian accident at South Center Street and Merle Hibbs Boulevard, a motor vehicle accident with no injuries at 600 Roberts Terrace and six medical assists with the EMS crew to: 1701 Iowa Ave. E, 810 Warren St., 3202 S. 12th St., 1006 Highland Acres Road, 605 Thunderbird Drive and 108 Washington St.
• The Marshalltown Fire Department responded to four false alarms at: 26 W. Main St., 3 S. Fourth Ave., 402 N. 10th Ave. and 1700 S. Center St., an authorized controlled burning at North Eighth Avenue and Swayze Street, a gas leak at 703 Bromley St., two dispatched/cancelled en routes to 513 E. Olive St. and 314 Sharon Ave., eight medical assists with the EMS crew to: 107 N. Center St., 2907 S. Sixth St., 706 Woodbury St., 3315 S. Center St., 623 W. Nevada St., Nevada Street and Third Avenue, 202 N. Second Ave. and 606 W. Boone St., seven unclassified runs to: 1604 Summit St., 604 N. First Ave., 11 W. Grant St., 113 N. Ninth Ave., 408 N. 13th Ave., 305 N. Second Ave. and 1304 Greenbriar Lane.
• The Marshalltown Fire Department responded to a carbon monoxide activation due to a malfunction at 9 W. North St., a unclassified run to 403 N. Fourth Ave., and six medical assists with the EMS crew to: 407 W. Main St., 1003 S. Third Ave., 1211 W. State St., 519 N. Third St., 618 W. Boone St. and 502 N. 12th Ave.
• The Marshalltown Fire Department responded to an unauthorized burning at 209 S. Fifth St., two smoke detector activations-no fire-unintentional at 403 W. Church St., and 109 N. Second St., a smoke scare at 907 W. Main St., and five medical assists with the EMS crew to: 7 E. High St., 310 N. Second Ave., 915 W. Merle Hibbs Blvd., 712 N. Fourth Ave. and 1110 May St.
• The Marshalltown Fire Department responded to nine medical assists with the EMS crew to: 107 1/2 S. 12th St., 202 N. Second Ave., 200 S. 12th Ave., 2605 S. Center St., Sunset Trailer Court, 403 Union St., 1004 E. Main St., 407 W. Main St. and 610 N. 16th St.
• The Marshalltown Fire Department responded to a carbon monoxide incident at 804 Bromley St., and three medical assists with the EMS crew to: 109 N. Second St., 104 1/2 W. Webster St. and 3202 S. 12th St.
• The Marshalltown Fire Department responded to a vehicle accident with general cleanup at Lincoln Street and North Second Avenue and six medical assists with the EMS crew to: 501 S. 12th St., 1800 E. Main St., 506 N. Third Ave., 1401 S. 17th Ave., 6 Columbus Drive and 1500 Lincoln Towers Circle.
• The Marshalltown Fire Department responded to a dispatched/cancelled en route to 309 S. First St. and 13 medical assists with the EMS crew to: 303 N. First St., 505 N. 13th Ave., 508 Lee St., 605 Thunderbird Drive, 208 Glenda Drive, 547 N. Third St., 8 S. Ninth St., 602 Iowa Ave. W, 601 N. Fifth Ave., 1520 S. Sixth St., 630 Ratcliffe Drive, 202 N. Second Ave. and 511 E. Church St.