Daily Record, August 4, 2018
Marshalltown Police Department
• On Thursday, a burglary was reported in the 100 block of East Webster Street.
• On Thursday, a theft was reported in the 900 block of South Third Avenue.
• On Thursday, a burglary involving criminal mischief and a theft was reported to the Marshalltown Police Station.
• On Thursday, a theft was reported in the 400 block of West High Street.
• On Thursday, Justin Sabus, 26, was arrested on a warrant.
• On Thursday, Frank Summers, 48, was arrested for possession of a controlled substance-third or subsequent offense and possession of drug paraphernalia.
• On Thursday, Randall Williams, 44, was arrested on a warrant.
• On Wednesday, a vehicle driven by Jose Carlos Grimaldo, 37, of Marshalltown, was eastbound on West Linn Street when it stopped and began to back up to park when it collided with a car driven by Sandra Sue Molina, 57, of Marshalltown. No injuries were reported. Grimaldo was cited for driving with an obstructed view. Damage to the Molina car was estimated at $2,000.
• On Sunday, a vehicle driven by Duh Tling, 37, of Marshalltown, was northbound on Rainbow Drive at the intersection with East Olive Street when the driver mistook the accelerator for the brake resulting in the vehicle crossing traffic, going airborne at the curb and landing on top of the chain link fence at the Marshalltown High School Baseball Complex. No injuries were reported. Tling was cited for no insurance, failure to maintain control, open container and operating while intoxicated. Damage to the Tling vehicle was estimated at $1,500 while the damage to the MHS property was estimated at $5,000.
Marshall County Sheriff
• On Thursday, Thomas Daniel Sheets, 32, was arrested on a warrant.
• On Thursday, Toby Ernest Davis, 41, was arrested on a warrant.
• On Monday, a car driven by Jaime Chiquito, 53, of Gilman, was westbound on 330th Street when the driver fell asleep at the wheel resulting in the car entering the south ditch, jumping over the creek and coming to rest in a bean field on the south side of the road. No injuries were reported. Chiquito was cited for failure to maintain control. Damage to the Chiquito car was estimated at $6,000.