Daily Record, Dec. 19, 2018
Marshall County Courthouse
Court — Tuesday
• Kellen Joseph Nail made an initial appearance on a parole violation charge. The parole revocation hearing will be scheduled by the Administrative Court and the parole board. Nail is being held without bond.
• Mang Min Sang made an initial appearance on a public intoxication charge. Sang pleaded guilty and the fine is $65 with a $22.75 surcharge and $60 in court costs for a total of $147.75, due by Jan. 31.
• Andrew Timothy Hansen made an initial appearance on a speeding charge and an operation without registration charge. Hansen pleaded not guilty and a pre-trial conference is scheduled at 9:30 a.m. on Feb. 27 in Magistrate Court.
• Zachary Ross Cook made an initial appearance through counsel, Jennifer Frese on a striking fixtures upon a highway charge. Cook pleaded not guilty. A pre-trial conference is scheduled at 9:30 a.m. on March 27 in Magistrate Court.
• Adam L. Rickett and Raymond L. Rickett to Catherine L. Gooding, 907 Bromley St.
• Allison A. and Tanner L. Metz to Aaron L. and Kelly L. Miller, 1411 Greenfield Drive
• On Monday, Mang Min Sang, 37, was arrested for public intoxication-first offense.
• On Monday, Jeremy Adkins, 36, was arrested for trespass.
• On Monday, Arturo Chavez, 19, was arrested for possession of marijuana-first offense.
• On Monday, Jacob Chamberlin, 23, was arrested on a warrant.
• On Thursday, a pickup driven by Larry Wayne Sturtz, 74, of Le Grand, was exiting a parking spot at Hy-Vee when it collided with a vehicle driven by Maira Zamarron, 30, of Marshalltown, which was attempting to pull into a parking spot. No injuries were reported. Damage to the Zamarron vehicle was estimated at $2,000 while the Sturtz pickup received an estimated $500 in damage.
• On Monday, a vehicle owned by Hector Lizarde-Garcia, 25, of Marshalltown, was traveling northeast on East Nevada Street when it tried to cut inside of a pickup driven by Joel Jimenez Jimenez, 56, of Garwin, which was trying to turn into a business driveway resulting in a collision. The driver of the vehicle fled the scene. No injuries were reported. Damage to the Jimenez Jimenez pickup was estimated at $2,500 while the Lizarde-Garcia vehicle received an estimated $1,500 in damage.
Marshall County Sheriff
• On Monday, Kellen Nail, 33, was arrested on a warrant charging him with violation of parole.
• On Monday, Kaytlyn Lewis, 24, was arrested for possession of marijuana-first offense and possession of a controlled substance.
Grundy County Sheriff
• On Dec. 5, Natasha Ray, 21, of Des Moines, was arrested on Highway 20 and charged with driving while barred. Ray posted bond and was released.
• On Friday, Marcus Collier, 43, of Waverly, was arrested in Waterloo by Iowa Department of Criminal Investigation on a Grundy County warrant charging him with two counts of theft-fifth degree. Collier posted bond and was released.
• On Dec. 10, a vehicle driven by Bailey Caskey, 20, of Ankeny, was eastbound on Highway 20 when the driver reached for a bottle of water resulting in the vehicle dropping off onto the shoulder and the driver losing control. The vehicle rolled on the highway and came to rest in the south ditch. Caskey sustained minor injuries. Damage to the Caskey vehicle was estimated at $3,000.