Daily Record, December 22, 2018
Marshall County Courthouse
• Devin Michael Lagrone made an initial appearance on a no insurance charge, a registration card violation charge and a driving under suspension charge. Lagrone provided proof of insurance and the case was dropped with $60 in court costs assessed, due by Jan. 31. He pleaded not guilty to the other two charges and a pre-trial conference is scheduled at 9:30 a.m. on Feb. 6 in Magistrate Court.
• Thomas Joseph Schaefer, of Albion, made an initial appearance through counsel, Jeff Hazen, on a violation of a restricted license charge, a driving while barred charge and a driving under suspension charge. The preliminary hearing was waived.
• Marcus X. Foreman Jr. made an initial appearance on a probation violation charge. Jennie Wilson-Moore will continue as counsel. The District Associate Court will scheduled the probation revocation hearing. Bond is set at $5,000 cash only.
• Justin Deal made an initial appearance on a failure to appear for a pre-trial conference charge. Marshon Dubbert will continue as counsel. The pre-trial conference is rescheduled for 1:30 p.m. on Jan. 11. Bond will continue as posted until the conclusion of this case. Deal must contact his attorney by Jan. 4.
• Briana McDonald made an initial appearance on a no insurance charge. Proof of insurance was produced and the case was dismissed with $60 in court costs assessed, due by Jan. 31.
• Kathleen Amber Dolan made an initial appearance on a driving under suspension charge. Dolan pleaded guilty and the fine is $250 with a $87.50 surcharge and $60 in court costs for a total of $397.50, due by Jan. 31.
• Sydney Marie Reeves, of Cedar Rapids, made an initial appearance on a no insurance charge, a speeding charge and a driving under suspension charge. She pleaded not guilty to the charges and a pre-trial conference is scheduled at 9:30 a.m. on Feb. 20 in Magistrate Court.
• William and Virginia Long Revocable Trust Virginia Long Trustee and William G. Long Jr. Trustee to Corey Damman and Craig Damman, 2787B Reed Ave.
• Mark Smith and Olena Taibova Smith to Lisa and Sam Fuccio, 104 Crestview Drive
• Ray A. and Tammy L. Hinders to Nicholas and Staci Plumaski, 417 Howard St., St. Anthony
• Jacob M. and Lisa Wildman to Midwest Custom Ag Aviation Inc. 1418 265th St., State Center
• Constance A. Peterson to Dah Maung and Mu Si, 1705 Elder Drive
Marshalltown Police Department
• On Friday, an attempted burglary was reported in the 10 block of South Sixth Street.
• On Thursday, a theft was reported in the 100 block of Iowa Avenue West.
• On Thursday, a case of vandalism to property was reported in the 600 block of West Linn Street.
• On Thursday, Christopher Thompson, 35, was arrested on a warrant from another county.
• On Wednesday, a vehicle driven by Nikolay Larry Lanham, 28, of Marshalltown, was eastbound on Nevada Street when it went off the roadway and struck a pole, signal and crossing arm of a railroad guard. Lanham was transported to UnityPoint Health-Marshalltown. Lanham was cited for failure to maintain control and driving under suspension. He was also arrested for operating while under the influence. Damage to the Lanham vehicle was estimated at $5,000 while the railroad guard sustained an estimated $10,000 in damage.
Marshall County Sheriff
• On Thursday, Marcus Foreman, 25, was arrested for violation of probation.
• On Thursday, a car driven by Amanda Louise Ostrander-Lawrence, 22, of Solon, was eastbound on Highway 30 when a tire dropped off onto the shoulder, the car went out of the driver’s control, crossed the east on ramp and came to rest in the south ditch. No injuries were reported. Damage to the Ostrander-Lawrence car was estimated at $5,000.
• On Tuesday, a car driven by Elaine Emma Robins, 93, of Clemons, was southbound in the northbound lanes on Highway 330 at the crossover with Highway 30. The driver took evasive action toward the center median to avoid oncoming traffic and struck the overpass bridge. Robins was transported to UnityPoint Health-Marshalltown. Damage to the Robins car was estimated at $8,000.
• On Saturday, a car driven by a 17-year-old male from Cedar Rapids was eastbound on 240th Street when it struck a deer that entered the roadway from the center median. No injuries were reported. Damage to the juvenile’s car was estimated at $2,000.
Marshalltown Fire Department
• The Marshalltown Fire Department responded to a dispatched/cancelled en route to 3007 Arnold Drive, a passenger vehicle fire at 408 N. 11th Ave. and three medical assists with the EMS crew to: 220 Glenda Drive, 2835 E. Main St. and 119 E. State St.
• The Marshalltown Fire Department responded to a motor vehicle accident-no injuries at 313 S. Third Ave., a system malfunction at 811 E. Main St., a dispatched/cancelled en route to 1703 W. State St., an unauthorized burning at 313 N. 15th St., no incident found upon arrival at 1700 Summit St., an electrical wiring/equipment problem at 1410 Iowa Ave. W and two medical assists with the EMS crew to 2500 S. Center St. and 8 S. Ninth St./107 S. First Ave.
• The Marshalltown Fire Department responded to a gas leak at 204 E. Webster St., a carbon monoxide incident at 1007 Fremont St. and six medical assists with the EMS crew to: 309 W. Boone St., 1736 Country Club Lane, 202 S. Third Ave., 200 S. 12th Ave., 410 N. Fourth Ave. and 1007 W. Nevada St.
• The Marshalltown Fire Department responded to five medical assists with the EMS crew to: 612 E. Church St., 406 E. State St., 705 W. Main St., 614 E. Anson St. and 304 Friendly Drive.
• The Marshalltown Fire Department responded to four EMS call excluding vehicle accident with injury at: 1704 S. Sixth St., 3012 S. Center St., 301 S. First Ave. and 1918 S. Center St.; a HazMat release investigation with no HazMat at 406 E. State St. and three medical assists with the EMS crew to: 116 N. Center St., 810 W. Lincoln Way and 122 W. Main St.
• The Marshalltown Fire Department responded to a no incident found upon arrival at 906 Prairie Lane, a hazardous condition at 104 S. Eighth Ave., a building fire at 517 N. Third St., an extrication of victims from machinery at Lennox and seven medical assists with the EMS crew to: 406 E. State St., 211 W. Church St., 11S. 12th St., Lennox, 402 E. Boone St., 403 S. Center St. and 540 N. Second St.
• The Marshalltown Fire Department responded to a cooking fire at 308 E Boone St. and five medical assists with the EMS crew to: 308 Plaza Heights Road, 206 N. First Ave., 2009 W. Main St., 2002 Skyline Drive and 9 W. Linn St.