Daily Record, Jan. 11, 2019
Marshall County Courthouse
Court — Thursday
• Melvin Martin Jr. made an initial appearance on a theft-fifth degree charge. Martin pleaded not guilty and a pre-trial conference is scheduled at 9:30 a.m. on Feb. 6 in Magistrate Court. Tyler Heeren is appointed as counsel. Martin was released on his promise to appear.
• Cornelius Gully made an initial appearance on a probation violation charge. Maurice Spencer will continue as counsel. The probation revocation hearing is scheduled for 2 p.m. on Feb. 11. Gully is being held without bond.
• The Estate of Cheryl Ann House to Kelvin Ray House, 814 Jackson St.
• Daniel W. and Deborah P. Clendening to OB Properties LLC, 1615 Binford Ave., St. Anthony
• Denise D. and Gary L. Lynk to Gary L. Lynk and Denise D. Lynk Revocable Trust, Gary L. Lynk Trustee and Denise D. Lynk Trustee, 2613 Ridge Road
• Cheryl Elaine Loffgren, Cheryl Elaine Rosenow to Douglas Duane Loffgren, 400 E. Marshall St., Albion
• On Wednesday, Gerardo Velazco, 19, was arrested on a warrant.
• On Wednesday, Jacob Knowles, 22, was arrested for driving under suspension, possession of drug paraphernalia and possession of marijuana-first offense.
• On Sunday, a car driven by James Dean Eipperle, 83, of Marshalltown, was attempting to turn onto the 10 block of West Main Street from an alleyway when it collided with a Jeep driven by Troy Robert Blocker, 46, of Marshalltown, which was traveling east on Main Street. No injuries were reported. Eipperle was cited for unsafe entry onto a sidewalk or roadway. Damage to the Eipperle car was estimated at $1,000 while the Blocker Jeep received an estimated $1,500 in damage.
• On Wednesday, a car driven by Deanna Lynn Shepherd, 54, of Marshalltown, was southbound on Ninth Avenue approaching the intersection with State Street when it continued passed the stop sign and collided with the driver’s side rear of a pickup driven by Steven Eugene Moody, 68, of Marshalltown. No injuries were reported. Shepherd was cited for failure to obey a stop sign and yield the right of way. Damage to the Shepherd car was estimated at $2,000 while the Moody pickup received an estimated $750 in damage.
• On Wednesday, a vehicle driven by a 17-year-old female from Marshalltown was southbound on South Center Street attempting to change lanes to turn right when it collided with a pickup driven by Clark James Carnine, 58, of Ida Grove. No injuries were reported. Damage to the juvenile’s vehicle was estimated at $3,000 while the Carnine pickup received an estimated $4,000 in damage.
Grundy County Sheriff
• On Thursday, a pickup driven by Billy Joe Winters, 50, of Marble Rock, was southbound on Highway 14 when it crossed the center line and collided with a pickup driven by Ryan Daniel Engelkes, 27, of Dike, which was traveling north on Highway 14. Engelkes received minor injuries and went to a local medical facility on his own. Damage to the Winters pickup was estimated at $8,000 while the Engelkes pickup received an estimated $20,000 in damage. The accident remains under investigation.