Daily Record, Jan. 18, 2019
Marshall County Courthouse
Court — Thursday
• Richard Paul Sindt made an initial appearance on a violation of a no-contact order/contempt of court charge and an interference with official acts charge. Tyler Heeren will continue as counsel on the contempt charge. The contempt hearing will be scheduled by the District Associate Court. Bond is set at $2,000 cash only. A new no-contact order has been issued for the protected party. Sindt pleaded guilty to the interference charge and the fine is $250 with a $87.50 surcharge and $60 in court costs for a total of $397.50, due within 30 days.
• Natasha Kay McDole made an initial appearance on a forgery charge. The public defender’s office is appointed as counsel. The preliminary hearing is scheduled at 1 p.m. on Jan. 25. Bond is set at $5,000 cash or surety.
• Danielle Nicole Grice made an initial appearance on a driving under suspension charge and a no insurance charge. Grice pleaded guilty to both charges and the fines are $250 with a $87.50 surcharge and $60 in court costs for a total of $397.50 on each charge, due within 30 days.
• Clifford D. and Frieda L. Chesick to Kip and Tara Weatherly, 104 E. Minerva St., Albion
• Heartland Investors LC to CJ Real Estate Investments LC, 3302 Governor Road
• Quest Trust Company to Willyams Hidalgo Cardena, 104 E. Lincoln St.
• Iva M. Howard to Carter S. and Francis C. Strand, 10 Palmer St.
• On Thursday, Jerrel Irokl Solang, 22, was cited for no insurance and operation without registration.
• On Wednesday, Miguel Vidales Mendez, 23, was arrested for domestic abuse assault causing bodily injury or mental illness.
• On Thursday, Jerrel Solang, 22, was arrested for driving under suspension.
• On Thursday, Richard Sindt, 48, was arrested for contempt of court/violation of a no-contact order and an interference with official acts.
• On Thursday, Natasha McDole, 19, was arrested for forgery.
• On Wednesday, a pickup driven by Edward Ludwig Wyllie, 63, of Marshalltown, was southbound on South Third Avenue stopped for a red light at the intersection with Anson Street when it proceeded forward when the green arrow for right turn traffic change and collided with a pickup driven by James Earl Gibson, 39, of Marshalltown. No injuries were reported. Wyllie was cited for failure to obey a traffic control device. Damage to the Wyllie pickup was estimated at $3,000 while the Gibson pickup received an estimated $7,000 in damage.
Marshall County Sheriff
• On Jan. 12, a car driven by Mackenzie Marie Pepper, 19, of Marshalltown, was northbound on Marshalltown Boulevard when snow covered road conditions deteriorated and the driver lost control sliding off the left hand side of the road into the center median where it struck a raised portion of the ditch and came to a stop. No injuries were reported. Pepper was cited for no insurance. Damage to the Pepper car was estimated at $1,500.
• On Jan. 13, a pickup driven by Trevor Keith Johnson, 23, of Haverhill, was westbound on Highway 30 in the outside lane when it switched lanes and abruptly slowed down resulting in a vehicle driven by Zachary Abernathy Jones, 19, of Iowa City, swerving to avoid crashing into the rear of the pickup, entering the right shoulder, over-correcting and re-entering the roadway sideways where the two vehicles collided. No injuries were reported. Johnson was cited for unsafe stopping. Damage to the Johnson pickup was estimated at $4,000 while the Jones vehicle received an estimated $3,000 in damage.
• On Jan. 15, a pickup driven by Aaron Patrick Gould, 22, of Haverhill, was northbound on Reed Avenue when it struck a deer that entered the roadway. No injuries were reported. Damage to the Gould pickup was estimated at $2,000.