Daily Record, Jan. 23, 2019
Marshall County Courthouse
Court — Tuesday
• Delilah Elanie Mauskemo made an initial appearance on a warrant for failure to appear for a trial charge and on a warrant for failure to comply with a photograph and fingerprint order/contempt of court. Merrill Swartz will continue as counsel on the trial case. The trial will be rescheduled by the District Associate Court. Bond is set at $5,000 cash only. Breanna Nelson will continue as counsel for the contempt of court charge. The contempt hearing is set at 11 a.m. on Feb. 11. Bond is set at $2,000 cash or surety.
• Betty D. and Roger W. Westling to Betty and Roger Westling, 1304 Rolling Meadows Road
• Mid West Liquor LLC to Midwest 786 LLC, 11 N. Third Ave. and 19 W. Main St.
• Angel and Ma Luz Regalado to Adriana and Jose Angel Regalado, 5 W. Olive St.
• On Monday, a theft from a motor vehicle was reported to the Marshalltown Police Station.
• On Tuesday, Austin Bollas, 24, was arrested for driving under suspension.
• On Jan. 7, a vehicle driven by Danielle Lynne Peterson, 26, of West Union, was exiting a parking spot at McDonald’s when it collided with car driven by Analea Ordaz, 19, of Tama, which was in the drive-thru line. No injuries were reported. Damage to the Ordaz car was estimated at $1,500 while the Peterson vehicle received an estimated $750 in damage.
• On Jan. 21, a vehicle driven by Jeremy Travis Beason, 26, of Marshalltown, was eastbound on East Lincoln Street when it collided with the rear of a vehicle driven by Tonya Rae Old Bear, 48, of Marshalltown, which was stopped letting a passenger out. No injuries were reported. Beason was cited for failure to maintain control. Damage to both vehicles was estimated at $5,000 each.
Marshall County Sheriff
• On Jan. 15, a vehicle driven by Ryan Scott Nicholas, 21, of Liscomb, was eastbound on Summit Road when it lost traction on the icy roadway, entered the north ditch and came to rest heading south. A 20-year-old female passenger was transported to UnityPoint Health-Marshalltown. Nichols was cited for driving while license is denied, cancelled, revoked or suspended. Damage to the Nichols vehicle was estimated at $1,500.
• On Jan. 20, a car driven by Paula Ann Gohring, 56, of Gladbrook, was in the turn lane on Highway 14 attempting to turn onto Highway 96 when, due to blowing snow, it turned and collided with car driven by Kevin Dean Ballard, 31, of Knoxville. Gohring was transported to UnityPoint Health-Marshalltown by ambulance. Gohring was cited for failure to use safety belt-adult. Damage to the Gohring car was estimated at $750 while the Ballard car received an estimated $3,000 in damage.