Daily Record, Feb. 20, 2019
Marshall County Courthouse
Court — Tuesday
• Gabriel Omar Santos Lopez made an initial appearance through a Spanish interpreter on a driving while barred charge, a domestic abuse assault-second offense charge and a child endangerment charge. The public defender’s office is appointed as counsel. The preliminary hearing is scheduled at 1 p.m. on Feb. 27. Bond is set at $2,000 cash or surety. A no-contact order has been issued for the protected parties.
• Joseph Lee Moore made an initial appearance on a domestic abuse assault-third or subsequent offense charge, two counts of a harassment-first degree charge and an assault causing bodily injury charge. The public defender’s office is appointed as counsel. The preliminary hearing is scheduled at 1 p.m. on Feb. 27. Bond is set at $5,000 cash or surety. A no-contact order has been issued for the protected parties.
• Brandon M. Schlieper, of Bettendorf, made an initial appearance on a failure to appear for a trial charge. The public defender’s office is appointed as counsel. The pre-trial conference and trial will be rescheduled by the District Associate Court. Schlieper was released on his promise to appear. The court ordered that Schlieper see his attorney in person within 72 hours.
• Philip E. and Veronica Grommet to Jenny Tun and Maung Win, 207 S. Seventh St.
• The Estate of Glen E. Spence to Robert D. Fischer, 2901 S. Second St. #106
• Jerry Chedester to Lindsay Butler Lash, David Lee Butler and Lindsey Kay Lash, 3329 330th St., Gilman
• Williams Hiles to Peggy Grady, 403 1/2 W. State St.
• Lydia and Raul Arevalo to R&A Rental Properties LLC, 8 W. Webster St. and 306 N. 16th St.
• On Monday, a case of criminal mischief and a burglary were reported in the 300 block of South Second Avenue.
• On Monday, a hit and run accident was reported in the 500 block of Iowa Avenue West.
• On Monday, Joseph Lee Moore, 28, was arrested for two counts of harassment-first degree, assault causing bodily injury and domestic abuse assault-third or subsequent offense.
• On Monday, Jenny Baedke, 22, was arrested for theft-fourth degree-shoplifting.
• On Monday, Gabriel Santos Lopez, 24, was arrested for domestic abuse assault-second offense, child endangerment-no injury and driving while barred-habitual offender.
• On Monday, a vehicle driven by Anna Marie Miller, 29, of Gladbrook, was northbound on South Third Street it attempted to stop on the icy street and collided with the rear of a minivan driven by Doris Marie Kinnick, 61, of Marshalltown. No injuries were reported. Damage to the Miller vehicle was estimated at $1,300 while the Kinnick minivan sustained an estimated $2,000.
Marshall County Sheriff
• On Monday, Brandon Michael Schlieper, 29, was arrested on a warrant.