Daily Record, Feb. 8, 2019
Marshall County Courthouse
Court — Thursday
• Steven Ray Ralls made an initial appearance on a failure to file a written arraignment charge and a possession of drug paraphernalia charge. Christian Stickrod will continue as counsel. The arraignment hearing will be scheduled by the District Associate Court. A pre-trial conference on the drug paraphernalia charge is scheduled at 9:30 a.m. on March 13 in Magistrate Court. Bond is set at $5,000 cash only.
• David Riedle made an initial appearance on a probation violation charge. The public defender’s office is appointed as counsel. The probation revocation hearing will be scheduled by the District Associate Court. Bond is set at $5,000 cash only.
• Randall Joseph Murrieta made an initial appearance on a failure to appear for a sentencing hearing charge. Marshon Dubbert will continue as counsel. The sentencing hearing will be rescheduled by the District Associate Court. Bond is set at $1,000 cash or surety.
• Irene Castellanos Espinoza made an initial appearance through counsel, Jennifer Frese, on a driving while revoked charge and a no insurance-SR 22 charge. Frese waived the preliminary hearing.
• On Thursday, Lily Ana Acevedo, 18, was cited for possession of alcohol under legal age.
• On Wednesday, Antonio Soto-Solano, 25, was arrested for sexual abuse-third degree-first offense.
• On Wednesday, Steven Ralls, 33, was arrested for possession of drug paraphernalia and on a warrant.
• On Wednesday, Randall Murrieta, 33, was arrested on a warrant.
• On Wednesday, Austin Bollas, 24, was arrested for no insurance and driving under suspension.
• On Wednesday, Elnour Manawar, 50, was arrested for driving under suspension.
• On Wednesday, Tyler Rundall, 25, was arrested for possession of a Schedule II controlled substance-first offense, and possession of marijuana-first offense.
• On Jan. 29, a vehicle driven by Patrick Byishimo, 32, of Des Moines, was eastbound on West Lincolnway when it lost control on the snow packed road due to speed, started to slide right, driver over-corrected and the vehicle crossed the center line and collided with a vehicle driven by Bradley Alan Weiner, 38, of Marshalltown. Both drivers and four passengers were transported to UnityPoint Health-Marshalltown. Byishimo was cited for failure to maintain control and no insurance-accident. Damage to both vehicles was estimated at $10,000 each.
• On Wednesday, a vehicle driven by Regina Elaine Smith, 58, of Marshalltown, was northbound on Center Street when, due to the icy road conditions, it collided with the rear of a vehicle driven by Bruce Jay McConnell, 36, of Marshalltown, which was slowing for traffic. No injuries were reported. Damage to the McConnell vehicle was estimated at $250 while the Smith vehicle received an estimated $4,000 in damage.
• On Wednesday, a car driven by Penny Lynn Pfantz, 64, of Melbourne, was eastbound on Lincolnway when it went out of control on the icy roadway and struck an electrical pole while a vehicle driven by Vincene Ridout, 68, of Marshalltown, was also eastbound on Lincolnway and went out of control a little farther down the road and struck a mailbox. No injuries were reported. Damage to the Pfantz car was estimated at $4,000 while the Ridout vehicle received an estimated $100 in damage and the mailbox an estimated $200 in damage.
Grundy County Sheriff
• On Wednesday, a car driven by Vanessa Wilson, 59, of Reinbeck, was eastbound on Highway 175 at the west edge of Morrison when it left the traveled portion of the road, entered the south ditch and struck a tree. Wilson was pronounced dead at the scene. The cause of death is pending an autopsy. The accident remains under investigation by the Grundy County Sheriff’s Office.